• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

sled in and ski backcountry

D
Feb 11, 2008
Heading to Park City from Boston and want to do some backcountry riding/skiing with my local buddy. any suggestions were to go. Not sure if he knows but want this short trip to be EPIC. Riding here in Maine and New Hampshire has been great this year but can't wait to try your DRY UTAH POW.
Any info would be great.
Not sure what he has for sleds so May need to Rent something to get way backcountry. Anyone up to show the way in. fly in on 2/22 PM. looking to ride sat and sunday. beers on me afterwards.:beer;:beer;
thanks in advance,

D
Feb 11, 2008
Thanks for that...albeit two months late. I will keep it mind for next year. Went to PC and just skiied no takers for a sled-in ski out trip.
Do you guys do that out there much? Back here in New England we do not. Anyway season is over in the east. Good for you guys with April and May riding.

F
Jan 7, 2005
Greenville, NC
I think almost every trip up this season, I've seen at least one sled/skiier combo.
So yes people do it, its alot cheaper than going to the resort too..
$50-75 for a single lift ticket or $25 to fill your sled you do the math.

E
Jan 17, 2008
Yes there are plenty that sled in and ski... Although most back country skiers just ski the many and I do mean many easily accessible areas of Big and Little Cottonwood canyons. Post here next winter and I will go with you on a sled and ski trip...

Premium Features