• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Visiting Bozeman, Where to Ride?

M

MGM

Dec 2, 2007
Southern Idaho
I am going to be in Bozeman at the end of this week with some friends and we would like to get some riding in, however we have no idea where to go. There is a catch as we will be taking the girls on a ride.

The girls aren't complete novices however they're not going to be highmarking anyone soon. Can someone suggest some areas to ride that have decent trails with good boondocking and climbing near by (the guys all ride M-series or Summits). We would like to keep the traveling distance to no more than an hour or so if possible. Any suggestions, maps, explinations welcome!

Thanks in advance!

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
visiting

how far you willing to travel? some of the best sledding in the wirld is down the gallatin canyon...then there is Cooke, etc. etc. etc.

F
Nov 26, 2007
I'd head down towards West Yellowstone....as of lately. The groomer has been broken down and none of the trails in the Gallatin Canyon (Buck Cr, Taylors Fork) have been groomed in quiet some time....

T
Nov 27, 2007
I'd head down towards West Yellowstone....as of lately. The groomer has been broken down and none of the trails in the Gallatin Canyon (Buck Cr, Taylors Fork) have been groomed in quiet some time....

With this being the case, head to West. Buck Cr. and Taylors Fork are BRUTAL when they haven't been groomed.

S
Feb 3, 2008
Montana
MGM, Give Ed a call at Canyon Adventures he rents all Artic Cat. He is located just south of Big Sky. He can let you know what the conditions are there. This is his # 406-995-4450

L
Dec 12, 2007
Just got back from west jellystone. way worth the drive of you are lookin for snow. usually stay at comfort inn but reccomend goldenwest or lazy G motel. I just rented all week from high mark rentals and by far was the best. laid back nice guy if you rent tell him tom that rented a sled last week reccomended you. almost sure to get a deal. anything else you need to know contact goldenwest he is the guy if you need anything in west

Dec 5, 2007
Bozeman, Mt
buck creek and taylor fork got good riding once you get in a ways. west is the best its been in the last couple of years. go north towards bigsky on the bigsky trail past enos. ask anyone down there, and you can get directions. you might try the back side of the bridgers if you want some riding that is close and has good snow right now. let me know if you need any more info.

M

MGM

Dec 2, 2007
Southern Idaho
Thanks for the info guys! We think we might try near big sky as a guy told us today that Bridger is mostly windblown.

S
Feb 5, 2008
montana
i was going to say buck too. can't get too lost up there and there are some good open meadows to play in. way better drive then coming up from taylors or teepee if you're staying in boz.

Premium Features