• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Calling Sea to Sky/Coq SledBoarders and skiers - looking for riding buds

T
Dec 18, 2007
I thought I'd start this thread as a way to connect people who are looking for new buds to sledboard or ski with.

I'm looking for some new people to get out with myself as all the usual touring and sledboarding/skiing suspects are dropping off the scene with family commitments and various other things....

So, if you've got a sled and use it to board or ski and are open to new riding buds, whether it's me or not, here's your spot (moderators - you can tell me if I'm not in the right spot!).

Location and availability:
I'm based out of Nth Van and open to anything from Pemby area to Coquihalla. Available most any weekend for day trips. Got a 9-5 gig during the week so I just have to suffer through the bluebird weekdays after fresh snow....
Boarding experience:
I've been snowboarding for 15 years, been in the backcountry for 5 yrs. I'm not into building booters or doing crazy cliff hucks. I like to find untracked natural lines (alpine, trees, chutes whatever - depends on the conditions) and shred them. I'll shuttle if the sled (and my riding skill) allows, or just as happy to use the sled for access and then snowshoe up for a nice line.
Sledding experience:
I ride a '98 RMK700 and have been sledding for 3 years. She's an oldie but a goodie. I'm not an expert sledder by any stretch, but I can climb the Gauntlet (hey, no laughing - it took me my first season and a couple of big crashes before that came together!) and am fine with side-by-side doubling to shuttle lines.
Got all my avalanche safety equipment and know how to use it. I plan to be boarding for a long time, so I choose my avalanche risk accordingly.

Add your contact details if you're looking to add a riding buddy to the list - if my profile doesn't works for you and you're open to adding some others to your riding group, put your details up and see who's out there. You can also PM me if you don't want to splash your details on the forum.

Premium Features