• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

deer haven lodging

B
Nov 26, 2007
wilmont mn
staying at the south horns next week thurs - sat have rooms at deer haven i guess i was wondering how bad it would be was a lot of good comments coming a month ago but now nothing. Its making me nervous, but the new owner i talked to on the phone did promise food and plumbing that works, which is a step up from the last few years. Does anyone have any news good or bad as far as lodging. thanks in advance BOZ

mbsieg

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Worland, WY
Hey

staying at the south horns next week thurs - sat have rooms at deer haven i guess i was wondering how bad it would be was a lot of good comments coming a month ago but now nothing. Its making me nervous, but the new owner i talked to on the phone did promise food and plumbing that works, which is a step up from the last few years. Does anyone have any news good or bad as far as lodging. thanks in advance BOZ
I think you will have a great time the new owners are good people. The snow is pretty good it has set up and hopefully we get some more good pow on top of the base. There is still good untouched powder if you know where to go. They have been doing lots of improvements to all the lodges and are making them a better place. Mike

B
Nov 26, 2007
wilmont mn
thanks thats what i wanted to here if there's snow we'll have fun our groups been going and staying there for year some since the 70's, but the last few years have been kind of sketchy. some friends of mine stayed at meadowlark last saturday and said the help was pissed and claimed they hadn't been getting paid im just going to hope there sticking all there money into fixing things up and are just a little short in doing so.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Worland, WY
The riding around deer having is pretty good right now, a lot of untouched snow, just starting to set up. As far as the lodge goes the staff is excellent as far as trying to accomadate your needs. Got back late saturday night (because we lost a sled in the creek), and by the time we were undressed our hamburgers were ready! They are trying pretty hard, i think.

B
Nov 26, 2007
wilmont mn
well we just got back from deer haven and i guess the best way to describe it would be interesting. the staff is for sure trying to be accomadating but there isn't much to work with. But the best part of the trip was the snow, best snow I have seen there in years. and was more coming down when we left.

F
Nov 28, 2007
Hey Boz, sorry to hear that it wasn't the greatest at Deer Haven. I'm heading out March 14th. Hopefully there still is some good snow!

Premium Features