• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bend Recreation.....

S
Nov 26, 2007
Bend, Oregon
Just wanting peoples opinion.....How satisfied are you with there Sales, Parts/Product Availability and Mainly....SERVICE!!

Im not looking to bash, just curious if its just me?.....Because if they treat everyone like me, im not sure how there still in Biz.

Last edited:
M
Dec 3, 2007
I will never set foot in there or spend a dime there again. Not to sound to harsh but they dodn't even stock enough belts or spark plugs to get threw a winter. It sure was a better ski doo dealership before bend rec bought them out. I give them a year or two before they lose skidoo unless the change something.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Bend,OR
The guy that used to run the SkiDoo dealership before Bend Recreation came in to the picture was unbelievably irritating. I bought my last sled about the time that Bend Recreation took over (last winter). He was over at Bend Recreation on the sales floor selling Yamahas and Doos. The thought of having to deal with him was enough of a deterrent to keep me away from Doo or Yamaha. I had thought about an Apex to turbo, but he was the deal breaker.

I do have 2 Honda generators and a Honda snowblower that I bought at Bend Recreation a couple years ago and have been very satisfied with the sales/service/parts experience for the Honda stuff.

Too bad about Bend Recreation and Central Oregon Workensport. I hope the Harley dealership does well with Arctic Cat. I would hate to have to buy a Poo next (cascade Motorsports).

Last edited:
P
Nov 26, 2007
Renton, Wa
The guy that used to run the SkiDoo dealership before Bend Recreation came in to the picture was unbelievably irritating. I bought my last sled about the time that Bend Recreation took over (last winter). He was over at Bend Recreation on the sales floor selling Yamahas and Doos. The thought of having to deal with him was enough of a deterrent to keep me away from Doo or Yamaha. I had thought about an Apex to turbo, but he was the deal breaker.

I do have 2 Honda generators and a Honda snowblower that I bought at Bend Recreation a couple years ago and have been very satisfied with the sales/service/parts experience for the Honda stuff.

Too bad about Bend Recreation and Central Oregon Workensport. I hope the Harley dealership does well with Arctic Cat. I would hate to have to buy a Poo next (cascade Motorsports).
The guy your talking about is Mark Young I assume. First impression was not unlike your opinion of him. It took awhile to warm up to him. Not real impressionable. Once I got to know him the more I realized he's not such a bad guy. Just hard to read. He's very knowledgeable in his field. Great wrench. In fact if you live in the area he's probably the best Doo mechanic around. Does my work. As far as Bend Rec, I wouldn't go there to buy a spark plug. Their incompitence has got me getting my parts from SK Northwest in Portland area. Usually shipped free. They understand what were going thru over here with our local dealer. Willing to work with us as much as possible. Looks like Harley is losing their most knowledgeable Cat guy so we'll see how that goes. Slim picking as far as dealers go here unless your a Polaris person, Which Im not. Doesnt mean it's a bad product, just not for me. Still buy gear from there. Still good wrenches in the area, just doing their own thing. Ask around.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Bend, Oregon
Pow is right on the money about Mark Youg...I also thought he was less than welcoming and friendly...However after getting to know him a bit he turned out to be a good guy and very helpfull...And yes he is still wrenching on his own....There are a few great mechanics here that are doing there own thing now.

Unfortunatly, my current issues with Bend Rec are in regards to parts and service on my new XP.....

I can also say that, I too am forced to get everything I need from SK Northwest....Its just damn rediculous to have to drive to Portland to recieve service that could be done locally...Done locally buy my Authorized BRP service center.

So far every attempt to talk with Bend Rec about Recalls, service bulletins, clutching/belts, or just plain parts has resulted in a waste of time....Multiple promised call backs that never happen....Everything is allways "news to them" gonna have to look into it, then nothing..

Honestly, knowing that Bend Rec was my Doo dealer was almost a deal breaker for me also, but the XP hype got the better of me:eek:....( no regrets, the sled rocks!!)...As much as I hate to admit, I might have even bought my sled from them IF THEY HAD ONE. Or could've at least told me when they would have one....A quick call to SK and I had one in my garage 24hrs later for a better price.....

S
Nov 30, 2007
Vancouver, WA
My dad had the same issues with them after buying his sled there. He had a few issues right out of the box that they didn't fix properly. They said that they did the updates and didn't. He took it over to SK Northwest and had a much better experience. The first thing they did was look up the VIN to see what had been done. Mark is a good guy once you get to know him. My dad went to school with him so it's a little easier for him to get things. He told us the last time we talked to him to call the Ski-Doo directly and complain. The more that do, things might actually change. I know my dad will never buy anything from them again. It seems like a lot of places just want to make the quick sale on the sled or item and don't want to give you the service afterwards. Customer service is a big thing for me. Some of the places around Vancouver seem to have the same issues and in Bend.

R
Nov 26, 2007
New Meadows
Hello
I also would not take my sled to Bend Rec.
Living in Bend and Portland it was very easy to make the choice to buy my new XP from SK NW in Portland. They have been great.
I only hope that they could get the dealership from Bend Rec. and open a shop in Bend.

F
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
Known Mark along time,from his Polaris days,give him a chance very likeable,but comes accross as a little cold and doesn't get to excited.Bend Rec is a joke,unfriendly and unknowledgeable.Looking for bikes for the kids one time,went in ,first thing they did was yell at the kids for touching the merchandise.We bought 3 bikes in K Falls!I will get parts if they have them in stock,Rare,that's it,will never buy sleds,bikes,etc..With all the rec. in C.O. you'd think we would have top notch dealers.Have had good expierience at Cascade,Cat,time will tell....Tom's Snowmobiles ships me alot of stuff!!!!!!

24drnkz

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bend, OR
I feel bad for all you Skidoo and Cat guys that have to deal with that kind of S___T!:eek: How can you run a shop and not even carry the correct belt or be authorized to work on updates and recalls. And with all the overflow Cascade is 2-3 weeks out it seems. Now not to say that my Poo is dialed......but yep it is:D

S
Nov 26, 2007
Bend, Oregon
Yep, Cascade has become a very good shop....I buy all my apparel,gear, oil, plugs etc from them...The owner is "hands on" and cares about his customers.

Even though the XP was my first choice,If I could've got an 800 Dragon in Oct-Nov or even DECEMBER!!...LOL...I might have gone that way just to have a supportive Dealer...

M
Dec 3, 2007

I think the guy your are thinking about is pat. He is all about the sale and no service, which is about the way bend rec operates. Like most of you said mark is a good guy just takes a little warming up to, and a very good wrench. It is to bad that we have one of the best winters in awhile and one of the worst dealers to put up with. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks this way about them.

F
Dec 19, 2007
Bend, Oregon
I agree with Maul..... Mark was in the service/parts department and was great to me every time I was in there. That was a sh*tty shop in the first place; they were overworked, underpaid and overwhelmed... But, pat can be a pompus ***.

I was in there a couple of weeks ago and there were 2 sales people talking while I was getting a battery..... They were slamming Mark bad about everything from his personality to why he quit a year ago.... Really gotta be careful when your shooting your mouth off. Never know who-knows-who out there, still a small town in alot of ways... I have known mark for 30+ years.... He's just an intravert, not an assh*ole......

Bend Rec does have some serious service and parts issues.... However, the guy that works on the doo's (very short and skinny-but cool to me, mostly) is knowledgeable and seems to know what he's "doo-ing" hahahah.... I crack myself up!

Anywayz, took care of me for the pre-season check and were professional. Their shop and parts storage is now too small since they took over 100% of the sno-mo repair and service....

F
Nov 26, 2007
Oregon
All right,needed new carb boots,05 800 sum....common problem the delamination...don't stock in Bend,had no idea what I was talking about!!!Called SK Northwest,had 12 in stock ship on Mon. be here Tues.Heres the thing,SK is closed on Mon.,but the parts guy goes down and ships anyway!!!!Theres service...Now about the guys not knowing anything at Bend Rec.Wouldn't you at least make an effort to learn,gather info,see what problems are out there,research bulletins,check websites,call other dealers,at least make an attempt......My 2 cents......PHIL...Island Park,5 sleeps away,all parts needed,accounted for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P
Nov 26, 2007
Renton, Wa
Finally blew the bottom end out of my 07 Summit x 800 151 Today. 1400 miles. Think I would take it to Bend Rec. Not a chance. Mike's a great guy but doesn't have the knowledge of Doo engines or the simple things associated withe Doo. Bend Rec do us a favor and send him to school to learn it all. It might help us all. Plus it wouldn't hurt if your customer service didn't suck. We are what keep you in business. You know that people like me and Steve and Aaron and so many others are your bread and butter. Seems you rely on the people with no knowledge and an open checkbook to keep you in business. Beware, someone is lurking.

Premium Features