• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chatter Creek 4m ride

D
Nov 27, 2007
sounds interesting.. how many guys can they put up at any given time? have you done chatter creek before?

I've never been but it sounds like it would be pretty cool. To what I hear its a pretty big area. I gave them a call this morning and the fellow from Chatter creek mentioned that last year, sledders were staging at 69km on the Donald Road, the lodge is located at the 90km mark. Sledding elevation is 5000 - 10,000ft

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
Long drive in on a kinda crappy road in April, and then a long trail ride in, area is comparable to Hope if you have been in there. Take a trailer and pack gas if you go.

edit: Road can be crappy or good, sometimes a crap shoot depending on when you go in.

Last edited:
T
Nov 26, 2007
Golden BC
last year we parked at km 69:D & the trail from there is groomed daily(i think) but it is only 20km to the lodge anyways. the riding is NO WHERE LIKE HOPE!!!!! from the areas that i have seen in the past cpl yrs there in the spring, you could put Hope in a little corner of Chatter's area!!!!!!!!!! It puts Keystone to shame (if you've ever been to Keystone) I believe they can sleep about 60-ish people a night there. you will be very pleased at the hospitality & the wicked accomodations all the way out there. The hosts are world class people & the sleddin matches as well. if you get good weather(that's a big IF) you better be packing extra gas!!!!! The driving road all the way out there can be rough, as it's used by loggers all year & can be pretty rough & muddy. Not alot of parking at the trail head, but spots all along the road to park at. I would say about a dozen or so rigs could aprk there without too much trouble, after that, it's a clusterfugg:eek:

How much for rooms? A package deal for a bunch of people or what? We stay with the snowmobile club at the end of the season every year but might be interested.

T

T
Nov 26, 2007
Golden BC
boo hoo!!!!

yeah i know............ if they go in there after ski season closes down, there will be no snow left & us poor locals won't have any place to ride :(
we go in there at the end of the season anywyas with 60 or more riders for the year end ride!!!!! i guess if i didnt tell anyone where these spots are, they would NEVER find them on their own eh?????:mad:
quit ur crying & go riding
that's where i'll be when i get home, as long as there is some snow left in our tiny little town & small riding areas. you darn Albertans PLEASE QUIT COMING TO OUR TOWN!!!!!:eek:

T

I

IMSICK

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 16, 2007
Canada
T........................ It's Tuesday night / Wednesday morning........ I'm in your town!!!!

N

northpow

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 27, 2007
where it snows (BC)
yeah i know............ if they go in there after ski season closes down, there will be no snow left & us poor locals won't have any place to ride :(
we go in there at the end of the season anywyas with 60 or more riders for the year end ride!!!!! i guess if i didnt tell anyone where these spots are, they would NEVER find them on their own eh?????:mad:
quit ur crying & go riding
that's where i'll be when i get home, as long as there is some snow left in our tiny little town & small riding areas. you darn Albertans PLEASE QUIT COMING TO OUR TOWN!!!!!:eek:

T
Hey I am not crying and as for the riding I ride 2-4 days a week!!!!!!!!! All I am saying is keep talking about the goods soon there wont be any goods left!

T
Nov 26, 2007
Golden BC
I can always find more snow. just have to be not lazy(locals) & go farther in to find it. there's miles & miles of area out there that we havent found yet........... to be discovered by me!!!!!

I'm out in AB workin till breakup then home riding around Golden

T

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
Hey I am not crying and as for the riding I ride 2-4 days a week!!!!!!!!! All I am saying is keep talking about the goods soon there wont be any goods left!

You do realize that Chatter is listed on Golden's Snowmobile Website right? Try keeping it a secret when the Chatter Creek lodge has its own website and its advertised. Good luck with that.

Guess the locals will just have to drive 45 mins instead of 30 mins to get to some better riding instead of the 3-4 hours that us foreigners do.

But hey, you're welcome from us that keep coming out there and supporting YOUR club and YOUR town that keeps YOUR riding areas open that YOU have unbridled access to 7 days a week. Guess I'll take my money and support a different community that doesn't want to pigeon hole me into 3 riding areas. Please don't let me hear any complaints when Golden riding areas are being closed for cat/heli skiing and you want sledders support though.

Can't we all just get along? :)

R
Nov 27, 2007
I've Ridden Chatter Creek Twice. Once In April When They Were Just Firing Up With The Tree House Experienced Bad Weather (snowing, Snowing Snowing Did I Call That Bad???) And Once Last Year In January (prearranged For My Avy Training). Great People Great Terrain. A Few Local Loggers With Big Dreams Apparently It Is True If You Build It They Will Come. Keep In Mind Sledders Only Welcomed After The Ski Season Winds Down.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Not worth the drive/ride in. Can take 1/2 day or more just to get in.

Premium Features