• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

the same area?

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I can't help but notice that many people on here ride the same place over and over again.

There are sooooo many great riding areas around here, don't ya'll get bored hitting the same spots. I mean I do have my favorite spots that we hit alot but I try to ride at least a dozen different areas each year.

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
six different areas this year and counting

Edit: Just got back from area #7. You gotta love private property. Even with permission

Last edited:
B

Boondock

Oct 4, 2001
Colorado
www.snowest.com
I can't help but notice that many people on here ride the same place over and over again.

There are sooooo many great riding areas around here, don't ya'll get bored hitting the same spots. I mean I do have my favorite spots that we hit alot but I try to ride at least a dozen different areas each year.

A dozen?:confused::eek:

The one area we ride is so big and gets enough snow to not make me want to go anywhere else really.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Longmont,CO
ridin

depends on how much driving you wanna do....i find new stuff every time i ride the same ol place.....I mostly ride three areas that have what i like and I can get there and back in a day, takes alot of exploring to really know the terrain of just one mountain area.....if you can put together a 40-70 mile loop, mostly without riding a trail....then according to my criteria you know that area...so why drive all over the place? You really know 12 areas that well?

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I've been riding the same area for about 14 years. If I go somewhere else my wife will take half of everything.:rolleyes:

S
Nov 30, 2007
Colorado
I love the Ears but it is not my favorite. We have another place that noone goes to and we make fresh tracks every time we go there. They get tons of snow. Depends, it is nice to check out new stuff but it is fun to ride all the stuff you are familar with and you never have to worry about getting lost.

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
LMAO!!! :beer;:D

The only good riding area is Rabbit Ears in Colorado :eek::rolleyes:

You didn't know that Dizzle?:cool:

It seems like..........................

Colorado only has one legal riding area for front range riders. The Ears!

;)

Edit: Lenco, I will ride with you anyday. Mr. Potato Man

Edit 2: After thoroughly researching the topic........Vail Pass is also legal

Last edited:
C
Nov 30, 2007
Grand Junction, CO
I do.....

Mostly anyway. Unless I'm forced to travel elsewhere, I ride Grand Mesa. It's by far my favorite, and in 10 years of riding it, I still ride new areas almost every time I ride. I like Kebler, and I like Rabbit Ears, but why drive more than an hour??? The best riding and snow is in my backyard. :cool:

B
Apr 13, 2004
GJ COLO
Mostly anyway. Unless I'm forced to travel elsewhere, I ride Grand Mesa. It's by far my favorite, and in 10 years of riding it, I still ride new areas almost every time I ride. I like Kebler, and I like Rabbit Ears, but why drive more than an hour??? The best riding and snow is in my backyard. :cool:

tried the mesa, its NO GOOD, and Kebler is even worse.

Vail Pass and RE are the only sled friendly places in colo. Please avoid anything west of mm 190. in fact, i dont' think it snow much near the mesa, so sledding may not be possible.

just my .02

pp

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I have a few places that I like to ride myself. I tend to mix it up a bit to avoid monotony. It just happens that RE is 15 minutes from my house and You can't beat that. And I don't just ride RE when I'm up there. I ride Buff Pass too, there are a lot of places that A guy can go up there. With the way that the wind blows up there, your lines climbing are constantly changing.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Vail is about the last place I want to ride.

My favorites are as follows;

1 W/C
2 W/C
3 W/C

I like just about anywhere, as long there aren't any other tracks.

Premium Features