• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wounded Warrier Project Sled Stolen!

A
Nov 26, 2007
ANC, AK
:mad:The "Wounded Warrier Projects" Iron Dog sled was stolen. All I know was that it was a custom built 2007 Ski Doo 600. :mad: lets find that sled and get them back in the race.

A
Nov 26, 2007
ANC, AK
I guess they had it on a trailer and pulled up to the Tail Gatter Bar to pickup some sponser money and a 1/2 hr later someone had stolen the trailer and the sled. They found the trailer on church road in Wasilla. I'm trying to get a photo to post.

A
Dec 13, 2007
Wasilla
How could somenody do that...honestly, especially the wounded warrior sled. That's horrible.

To steal someones sled is bad enough, but to steal a sled from someone who has served our country defending our freedom, (one of which is to ride ) and come home wounded, This is dispicable. The owner of this sled is running the Iron Dog to show fellow wounded vet's that they can return to a normal life.
This is close to my heart, as my 14 year old son is an amputee from an ATV accident back in Aug of 2006, and still loves to ride. He can be seen frequenting the trails of Wasilla year round on ATV's, snowmachines, and his dirt bike.

We need to send out the message to people to overcome obstacles in their lives and push on.

Most of all, We need to send the message to whomever stole this slead that we will not tolerate this BS. Anything We can do to help out, keep us posted.

Best to the Wounded Warrior Project !!

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
It never ceases to amaze me how f***ed up theives can be. Probably now realizing now just how "hot" this sled is going to be. If the local news picks up on it they'll stand a better chance of recovery. I'm sure more than just the theives know the whereabouts of this machine, just hope someone has the moral fiber to "dime out " their sorry *** buds..
BTW if you can't tell I hate theives....

A

AkSummit

Nov 28, 2007
ALASKA
****ed up man...

I hope they find the sleds and woop some *** when they find the guys who did it.

Terrible situation

S

SnowFlinger

Jan 9, 2008
Anchorage
www.myspace.com
I never thought my first post on a SnoWest Forum would be here. If somebody could make up a reward flyer, I'll go hang them up around town here in Anchorage, and various lodges on the road trips. And ditto on the reward $'s. I hope somebody that knows more about the story contacts the media.

This really blisters my belt. I have a place between my track and tunnel at 8000 rpm for punks like this. :eek:

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
Sorry to hear the news. Despite the fact i'm an active duty member of the DOD, it is super F*cked either way. Post a pic and as many of the specs as possible. I will check with some friends to make sure they aren't trying to part it out. Once again, sorry to hear about bastards ruining everyones fun.

N
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Ak
This really blisters my belt. I have a place between my track and tunnel at 8000 rpm for punks like this. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Your 8000 rpm and my .308 cal and we're in bidness.
Ya, put up some pics, I'm pissed as hell and feeling a little vigilante commin on.:mad:

Dec 6, 2007
Palmer
If I find their sorry a$$ there will be no need for reward money. The satisfaction of kicking the living SH!T out of them will be reward enough! I HATE THIEVES and hope like many before these @$$ wads, they get theirs! Just hope one of us can locate it before it's trashed or too late for him to race. Everyone keep your eyes open and kick some serious butt if you find someone on it or with it!!! As for the news picking up this story, I saw it on ADN.com this afternoon so it should be in print tomorrow. Hopefully channel 2 will pick this it up too as they are supporters or The Wounded Warrior Project. Start making some calls and it may help. Sorry for the long post and a little offensive language, but I CAN'T STAND PEOPLE WHO CAN'T KEEP THEIR HANDS OFF OF OTHER PEOPLE'S PROPERTY! Let's get these guys:mad:

Jan 1, 2008
Wasilla, AK
Wounded Warrior Sled

Bob and Mark @ KWHL are all over this. They spent most of their show this morning on this topic. You can go to their website and there is a link to the Wounded Warrior site. They are also taking up donations to help these two patriots recoop some of their money. They have donation locations in Anchorage, Eagle River and Wasilla. They had to buy 2 new sleds out of their own pockets to keep going with this nobile endeavor that they are doing. Please help in finding these A-HOLES who stole the sled or donate some money to help them out. Thanks to all who are helping.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I'll be watching for them on the Kenai. I can't believe that they would be so stupid as to ride them after they find out just what they have got.Hopefully they show up along a ditch trail somewhere in the valley just out of gas and not trashed. Good luck on the sleds and good luck in the race guys.
Tim

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Hope your right ultrarider, I'll being on the Su river and Big Lake/ Willow trails this weekend. Lots of places to "lose" a machine out there, but I'll keep an eye out for them.....

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
Looks like Tesoro stepped up and bought another sled and got it ready for them. Still doesn't solve the thief issue but at least they can run.
I would like to be along when the guys who stole it get caught.
I know where I'm filling up for gas the next time I go riding.

Premium Features