• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whats a good chip for a 04 duramax diesel

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
best one I found was edge.. however i did controller.. exhaust.. and intake at the same time.. fuel mpg increased but probably a combination of all three

A

auggie11

Dec 10, 2007
Longmont, CO
Might also think of looking at Hypertech Power programmer. Not a chip but can gain horsepower and mpg by simple adjustments to the computer. Done this on every Duramax we run at our company and had great luck with it. Just my 2cents.

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
superchips gained me 2 mpg and 50 HP-:beer;:)-great chip--i think they are all good for mileage and a little HP without going to much and needing pyrometers--

EDP

Lifetime Membership
The ppe duramaximizer is the best on the market for duramax if you have gauges.

A duramaximizer is just a simple fuel box that adjust your injectin pulse. Great for a truck looking to squeze out a little more from another program/chip. In a standalone unit the Hypertech, Super chips or Edge are great programs for simple fuel mileage and a little extra power. Edge can be dangerous on your truck depending on if you can control your self from hammering on it. The worse thing you can do to a stock allison is be constantly switching the settings on your programer/chip

If I was to choose a programmer for a daily driver it would be the following
1 hypertech max energy best bang for the buck
2 PPE standard Pricy but the features are non the less better then any other on the market
3. Diablo sport predator
4. super chips
5. Edge

R
Dec 3, 2001
SD
A duramaximizer is just a simple fuel box that adjust your injectin pulse. Great for a truck looking to squeze out a little more from another program/chip. In a standalone unit the Hypertech, Super chips or Edge are great programs for simple fuel mileage and a little extra power. Edge can be dangerous on your truck depending on if you can control your self from hammering on it. The worse thing you can do to a stock allison is be constantly switching the settings on your programer/chip

If I was to choose a programmer for a daily driver it would be the following
1 hypertech max energy best bang for the buck
2 PPE standard Pricy but the features are non the less better then any other on the market
3. Diablo sport predator
4. super chips
5. Edge

Shows how much you know. The Edge is better than any one of those. 60,000 miles of switching settings often and my transmission will still hold the overdrive shift in level 5. You do have to use a little common sense, but having to hook a programmer up every time you want to change settings is dumb, and I can't imagine not having the Attitude monitor.

EDP

Lifetime Membership
Shows how much you know. The Edge is better than any one of those. 60,000 miles of switching settings often and my transmission will still hold the overdrive shift in level 5. You do have to use a little common sense, but having to hook a programmer up every time you want to change settings is dumb, and I can't imagine not having the Attitude monitor.

shows how much you can read. in my previous post I stated that it can be a great setup if you can control your self. I believe you just stated the same thing....

by the way we know nothing about diesels we only have a daily driver duramax over 650 h.p. at the wheels with out Nitrous and also had a duramax finish 2nd in points over all in modified diesel sled pull class with a stock turbo running against many twin and large single turbos. But hey you keep miss reading posts.

A
Jan 17, 2008
Colorado
I have a second half of the year 04 Duramax (it makes a difference in the chip). I put the Edge and 4in exhaust on my truck and have been extremely happy with it. You have to be a little careful when you have a heavy load because it shifts a little harder. Eventhough the Allison is a smart transmission it will make the truck shift a little different.

Premium Features