• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snow Hawk Manuals

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
Thanks ED that will be helpful. Did you sell your 503 yet? Do you know if you should change the primary clutch spring in a 06 600 ho for 8-10k has the powerblock clutch?

I rode an 06 outlaw for 2 years, and I never did mess with the clutching. I do know that the clutch weights are very easy to change on the ibc clutch, and you dont have to take the clutch off to change weights. I think that there is a reference chart in the 600 manual for rec clutching and jetting, but I have looked at alot of manuals lately, and may be confusing one or another, but I think the references were on the back cover of the manual.
Ed

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
We went off the chart. only said to change the weights. We tried every combo I could think of with out any luck. 7500 top rpm on trails or pow.Think it needs stiffer spring in primary. Want to get a tra for it any good deals out there. According to my day long research has to come from an 600Ho to fit the crank. The 6 and 8 have different PT# for fixed sheave.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Wonderfull!

My advise to owners, lots to learn here read all.

In the beginning most of my issues could have been overcome by doing just this, I think it took me almost two years to realize I could understand it all along.

The jetting and clutch charts are about the only things not so accurate and are not so relevant with all the upgrades we all have found.

Such as Attac alt. compensator, Polaris P85, Artic Cat primary, and secondary clutches, etc.

I havent found any good deals on ski doo primarys either.
call Jeff, and see if he has anything sitting around that might fit, or grab one from a polaris, the p-85 clutch is pretty common this time of year, but most need a bushing kit, and some have to have a new taper cut into them to fit the 600 crank.

P ull
O ff
L ake
A nd
R epair
I n
S ummer

Premium Features