• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

02 800 mountain cat efi stator problem?

S
Dec 30, 2007
My 800 efi won't recover after lifting off the throttle for just a second. Also when the throttle is feathered. It runs fine from itle up to full but will only pull back to 6000 rpms after you lift. Almost acts like it fouls a plug. If you let completely off the gas it will catch again and go like hell. Someone mentioned that the stator could be getting weak. Any Ideas?

Last edited:

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
WOW that could be tons of things, maybe check you injectors, check fuel pressure, check your engine ground strap, it goes from the bulk head to the recoil cover. If that is broken you will get all kinds of goofy things.

H
Dec 20, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyo.
Sounds ironically similar to the conditions of my 03 800 Efi. I checked everything: throttle position sensor, plugs, fuel delivery, ground wire, coil, etc.

I figured the culpret was the stator, as it sounds like the issues that a stator can cause.

I ended up dropping in a brand new crate 900, but I got way lucky and found it for $1700. I sold my old 800 (with 4100 miles on it) for $1200 as a core.

Good luck.

Matt

K

kcdavidak

Dec 4, 2007
ketchikan,ak
if you think you stator is going bad, I sent mine to a place in maine,stator corp i think it's called he only does arctic cats.solved all my problems,weak spark,dim lights,etc.good price and fast turn around.good luck

Premium Features