• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I-90 humor

N
Nov 27, 2007
North Bend, WA
I just came down from the pass and what a ride it was. We saw at least 5 over turned 4x4's in the east bound direction and numerous other spin outs. West bound had no problems. It is snowing nicely up there now.

Get a clue and slow down. Cracks me up.

L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
I just came down from the pass and what a ride it was. We saw at least 5 over turned 4x4's in the east bound direction and numerous other spin outs. West bound had no problems. It is snowing nicely up there now.
Get a clue and slow down. Cracks me up.

Weekend SKI crowd.....Many drive like the idiots they are........4 X 4 means I can do 80 when the advised speed is 45!!!!!!!!!

B

BigTruck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 1, 2007
Maple Valley/North Bend
I drive over the pass every weekend either snowmobiling or going to get my daughter and cant beleive the complete idiots that have licenses! Slow the fu## down people!!!!

N
Nov 27, 2007
North Bend, WA
There was only a couple of inches when everyone was screwing themselves, however I hear 1-2 feet is expected by Sunday night.

We were snowshoeing this morning and boy oh boy was there some good hoar frost on the surface. Here we go again with the avi's.

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
The east side

Here was my Story from comin home today, from Idaho over By Kellog

Now the trip home was fun within itself there are no pics. But It started with me comein in hot to Sherman pass, and gave her a bit too much gas, and WWWWWwaaaaaaahhhhhhhhooooooo I went sideways. Got control, locked her in 4x4, and back to doin the speedlimit, saw a cpuple ladies slide off the road, no problem..

Now all was well, till I got to Spokinidiot.... When all of a sudden traffic came to a sliding hault, A guy with an inclosed trailer, had to slide into the ditch to avoid contact. And he made it!....

And on we went, back up to pase....... I in the left lane, of a three lane section, another car in the far right lane, and I am aproching, Spokane Ymaha, area...... Coedeeze calls me about then I am talkin, then I notice a green lil car comin in hot, in the middle lane, The car in the far right lane decides to come over a lane about then, I shout to Ben THERE IS GOIN TO BE A WRECK, and I decide to let off the throttle,not 4 feet from me this green car slams his or her brakes and begins to slide, THEN it correct itself and the tail flings the other way, then he over corrects and darts toward the right of the highway in a frantic spin, and I go on my marry way . YYYYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO OO!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT WAS A RUSH!!!!! almost like climbin a big chute, and scrapin the edge.

N
Dec 5, 2007
WA.
Been driving over the pass nearly everyday now for 10yrs(no studs and no probs.), Its starting to get bad, much heavier traffic the last 5yrs. Maybe a sign above each lane - far right too slow, right lane 25 mph, mid 35 or subaru's, left 50+. I'm prob an idiot to alot of people, but i feel very comfortable driving in the snow and veri my speed anywhere form 40 to 65 on snow depending on the conditions, nothing pisses me off more than a semi racing 2 cars all the way up the pass clogging up all 3 lanes doing 25. Drove over the pass tonight 50mph most of the way, 45 over the top, Had to pass multiple people doing 25 in the left lane w/no cars around them. Funniest are the people w/chains on the non drive tires, you always got to laugh at that. We will never agree with each other on snow driving cause everyone is an idiot. I was joking about the sign idea, but it prob would help out. Best thing to do for people going too fast, defensive driving and wave while there in the ditch. Just another idiots .o2 cents.

D
Dec 10, 2007
Been driving over the pass nearly everyday now for 10yrs(no studs and no probs.), Its starting to get bad, much heavier traffic the last 5yrs. Maybe a sign above each lane - far right too slow, right lane 25 mph, mid 35 or subaru's, left 50+. I'm prob an idiot to alot of people, but i feel very comfortable driving in the snow and veri my speed anywhere form 40 to 65 on snow depending on the conditions, nothing pisses me off more than a semi racing 2 cars all the way up the pass clogging up all 3 lanes doing 25. Drove over the pass tonight 50mph most of the way, 45 over the top, Had to pass multiple people doing 25 in the left lane w/no cars around them. Funniest are the people w/chains on the non drive tires, you always got to laugh at that. We will never agree with each other on snow driving cause everyone is an idiot. I was joking about the sign idea, but it prob would help out. Best thing to do for people going too fast, defensive driving and wave while there in the ditch. Just another idiots .o2 cents.

I am from a snow laden area also and have grown up my whole life driving in the snow, so I too am one of those speeding idiot's but I have my truck set up for snow cover roads. But the people here don't drive in inclement weather very often and the people on the pass are mostly just people traveling through, and really don't drive on these type of roads very often much less all winter long. Just sit back and crank the music and have a good time in your truck relaxing.:D

4Z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2002
Western Washington
community.webshots.com
Grew up in UT and AK driving in poor weather and never in my life at the age of 40 have I seen as many total idiots as coming down the pass yesterday. Only lived here 7 years now and it is only getting worse.

L
Mar 13, 2004
Lake Cle Elum, WA
Weekends are bad with all the amatuers that don't drive in snow very often. Weekdays, it's the trucks. Take your pick. One of the best days I had this winter was going over E/B on MLK day, mid-day......Most trucks had the day off (Union workers) and most traffic was W/B.......I'm getting so I'm heading for the pass by 6 in the morning or after about 8 in the evening during the week. Other than that, traffic is so heavy, one idiot can screw up your whole day.....

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
I came down the Pass yesterday with the enclosed behind me at 3:00.
While the roads were covered with snow and some ice I thout the traction was pretty darm good as long as you left some space in front of you to slow down on the downhill.

But of course there was that one idiot who felt that his little BMW (I think that's what it used to be) was a snowmobile.

I was in the left lane doing about 40 MPH and this Jackazz came flying up through the much deeper snow in the middle of the hiway when everyone else was content with just using two lanes with a lot of space between.

He succesfully passed me and everyone else and flew on down the hill.
He nust have been in some sort of a hurry and it paid off for him...
He was the first one to be off the road, in the ditch, facing the wrong way with body pieces from his car laying around on the ground around his car.

They were both out of their car and unhurt when I went by, looking at all the damage.
No-one stopped to offer any help.
Cross country skis were intact on the roof.
Dumbazzes.

N
Dec 5, 2007
WA.
did you smile and wave? Agreed on the 2 lane contentment, once 2 lanes form its a scary ride in the middle. Its funny though, sometimes the far rt lane is wide open and nicely plowed w/no one in it, i think they do it just for me so lets keep it that way!

what digmt said - "sit back and crank up the music" is the only non stressful way to handle it, my brother got satellite radio just for that reason, now he could care less, unless your heading up to ride. If you really want to see the circus try taking any one of the 3 pass exits on a weekend, Im sure some of you have got caught in it heading to G.C. later in the day. People at the cross country part have a hard time walking safely(not in the middle of the road) let alone driving.

Last edited:
S
Dec 3, 2007
Cle Elum, Wa
I have lived in Cle Elum most of my life and worked at the pass every year while I was in high school. All I have to say is I have talked to numerous people that didn't know how to use thier push button 4-wheel drive. The thing that amazes me is how very succesfull people can be so dumb. I have to admit I drive like a grandpa when the conditions are bad. I just allow more time. 4-wheel drive is not a excuse for common sense and having a 40,000 dollar truck with 20,000 in mods doesn't mean you can do 80.

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
I agree Summitchaser, you can have 8 wheel drive, it still doesn't give you magic brakes that work on ice.

nwm8, were the non-drive tires you were talking about the ones that steer? And the last time I looked, all cars had brakes on all four tires. Sure stop better on ice with chains too.

I'm not trying to gig anybody, just stating the way I see it.

I like the sticker that says, "This vehicle isn't equipped with a brain. You MUST use your own".

Folks, remember what OT's going thru right now. And MY WIFE drives these roads too.

PLEASE SLOW DOWN. I don't care if your Nanook of the North. Thanks. B

N
Dec 5, 2007
WA.
by non drive tires i mean a front wheel drive car with the chains on the rear, or vice versa. Sure they will help you stop, if you can ever get going.

Off topic, i was sitting stopped on the pass behind a bunch of slide outs a while ago, and one of the cars in the front trying to get going went like this - the wife was out pushing, husband driving, finally got going and just kept going. The wife ran behind falling further and further behind, i was surprised how far she ran. Finally she stopped ready to collapse, and the husband finally stopped quite a ways ahead of her. It was pretty funny to watch, i know my wife would of been quit pissed off.

BTW it was a nice drive over the pass this morn(westbound). Plows had the roads perfect, the few people on the road kept a great pace.

Last edited:
J
Dec 6, 2007
redmond, wa.
MY (late) father taught me to drive in Cle Elum in the snow. He was always prepared, had good equipment, (chains, TIRES) and we alway took it easy. Coming over westbound Saturday night was tough as there were hundreds of idiots going way to fast and not having the proper equipment.....be safe, slow down and laugh at the idiots.........

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
snow and I90

Every one says they can DRIVE in the snow but i have ? Passed lot of sled trailers on 90 at 6:45 pm on sat and they were all hugging the two left bare strips in the left lane going 20mph,maybey? Some of us coastie fugs can drive and that was west bound:wine:

Premium Features