• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

More hillclimbers needed this year!

A

Ak nitro

Dec 1, 2007
Cortez Colorado
I would like to give the valdez hillclimb a shot with my turbo Nytro, I have gone and watched in the past. Its a great event, riding thompson pass all day and watching the hillclimb.

T
Valdez is the 18th & 19th of april. It's a fun weekend with alot of riding to do. This will be my 9th straight year racing. Get a group together, split fuel and hotel, and have fun. There are alot of classes to compete in.Check www.valdezsnow.com
Stock: 600,700,800,1000
Improved Stock: same as above.
Modified:600,700,800,open mod
You can run a 700cc in the 800 class if you want. All sleds need a tether and improved and mod sleds need a long snow flap(napa one's work great) and full clutch protection.
Alyeska's hillclimb is the following friday, may 2nd. The hillcross event is the 3rd
Check www.ammcracing.com

Dougride3.jpg

Last edited:
I
Nov 26, 2007
Entry fees are rediculous, tech has been quite sketchy in years past...if you want to ride valdez there's plenty of better weekends to do it.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
I inquired last year and they wanted me to basically tear down my topend of my turbo for inspection, needless to say i didnt feel it was worth it to enter. Takes way to long to pull apart and put together again. I would love to do it if they didnt require such a in depth inspection. Clutch guard and tether is easy, pulling valve covers and throttle botties= pain in my arse!

T
I inquired last year and they wanted me to basically tear down my topend of my turbo for inspection, needless to say i didnt feel it was worth it to enter. Takes way to long to pull apart and put together again. I would love to do it if they didnt require such a in depth inspection. Clutch guard and tether is easy, pulling valve covers and throttle botties= pain in my arse!

That happened fot the Valdez race? I'll call and get that taken care of.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
yeah, when i called and asked what all was involved with tech inspec that is what the guy told me, valve cover would have to be inspected as well throttle bodies and more. I was shocked to say the least. If it changes i would love to join in.

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
I've always wanted to compete in the hillclimbs can anyone post link to info about what it takes, Fees, timetables etc.?

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
yeah, when i called and asked what all was involved with tech inspec that is what the guy told me, valve cover would have to be inspected as well throttle bodies and more. I was shocked to say the least. If it changes i would love to join in.

I Find that hard to believe if your running a mod sled like a turbo apex
Ive been to the event and competed several times and have never seen a sled torn down I even heard of people cheating and they never tore there sleds down when finished. And Doug I just bought a new Toy And plan On being there again this year.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
your going to need more than nitrous, I think ;)

B
Nov 26, 2007
Alyeska . count me in for that. I wana enter in it looks really fun but the climg isnt that big. shame oh well. But how often do you get to ride ur sled at a ski resort?? whats the entree price.

T
Alyeska . count me in for that. I wana enter in it looks really fun but the climg isnt that big. shame oh well. But how often do you get to ride ur sled at a ski resort?? whats the entree price.

It is a decent coarse for a hillclimb race, Any coarse that last over a minute is pretty good. I believe the prices are $50 stock, $75 improved stock, $100 modified, They pay out the top three in each class.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
I Find that hard to believe if your running a mod sled like a turbo apex
Ive been to the event and competed several times and have never seen a sled torn down I even heard of people cheating and they never tore there sleds down when finished. And Doug I just bought a new Toy And plan On being there again this year.

Hey man im just telling you like it is, no reason to fib on that. I was shocked and asked why and he said for safety purposes and also to prevent cheaters from walking away with the awards is the guys exact words i believe. If this is resolved, i would love to go, no doubt! :D

Premium Features