• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New races scheduled in Colorado, lots of snow!

S
Jan 23, 2008
Come race in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Races hosted by SWR (South West Racing). This is the new circuit for South Western Colorado. Last year we actually had the biggest Womens class of the year, and added 18 new racers from this area. Also, added money in Pro Class. We have gotten hammered with lots of snow which makes for a great snocross track! This is our 2nd annual race in this location. For registration forms and information just email kenny020@centurytel.net and I will be glad to get them to you, or you may pre-register at the track at the Archuleta County Fairgrounds (track in NOT in an arena) Friday, Feb 8. from 6-9 pm. Snocross race held Feb 9 and Drag Races on Feb 10. You won't want to miss this one. Call Pam Lloyd at 970 759-8330 for more information. Next race is scheduled in Chama N.M.

Last edited:

Rocky

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
We went down there last year, had a great time. Wolf Creek has a 140+inch base so lots of riding for people who want to make a weekend out of it.

Drags on Sunday as well...Lots of fast sleds last year and a well run event. Awesome groomed track with a consistant starting line.

I think it's the Winterfest weekend as well.

C
Jan 1, 2008
Sounds great we will come up from New Mexico for sure. My son who is 15 will be racing for the first time in sno cross and i was kind of wondering what class or classes he can run. He is on a Polaris 600rr and has a lot of racing expirence just not on sleds. Any info would be great. Thanks.

S
Jan 23, 2008
Glad to hear you will make it to the race. Just email me at kenny020@centurytel.net and I will email you all the forms you need. On the registration form, all of the classes are listed. I think he will really enjoy racing, especially if he already has experience in racing.

S
Jan 23, 2008
He will race the Jr 14-15 class, and possibly one of the sport classes. He'll need the Jr Waiver form filled out and a copy of his birth certificate.

C
Jan 1, 2008
I'll E-mail you tommorow so you can get me the entery forms. thanks. I was wondering if we can get a number before this weekend so i can put it on his sled? I have another question on the schedule. Is the races going to be on sarurday and sunday or is it just a one day event? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and see you this weekend.

S
Jan 23, 2008
Update.. Race Status

UPDATE... Because of the overwhelming snow we keep getting, schools, county government and town has been shut down. I was supposed to have a meeting this morning to get the rest of the funding for our event with the county tourism board but it got cancelled because of the snow and apparently they won't meet again until next Monday. We are still short $2800 to hold the event. So as it looks at this moment I will have to cancel our race for this weekend. We are just running out of time... If you are interested in helping sponsor this event please give me a call ASAP. 970 759 8330.

S
Jan 23, 2008
Race Postponed!!

We will post the new date here as soon as it's scheduled. We're sorry about the inconvenience but due to the excessive snow we've gotten the past few days, we have no choice. County meetings were cancelled, school closures, Pass closures, etc. it's best to postpone to get the best turn-out of racers. The county is behind on clearing roads and equipment is being used around the clock. Again, we will post the new date here on snowest as soon as we are able. Please call me for further information. 970 759 8330.

Premium Features