• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Oregon Snowmobile Discussion Site

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Hi All

Oregon snowmobilers seem to be scattered all over the internet. As far as I can tell there is no real dedicated site to Oregon Snowmobiling, or even NW snowmobiling.

I have brought up a forum dedicated to all facets of Oregon snowmobiling ( http://www.h2oregon.com ). If desired, we can expand it to other areas as well.

This is not a cheap/cheesy ad hosted or free forum. I have brought this up on dedicated servers with a single instance of bbs software dedicated to this effort. I have been thinking about this for awhile, even registering the domain name several years ago. I have had experience with other sporting sites, and will make this available long-term if it gets used.

Sorry if this seems like I am spamming the SnowWest board, but I do have good intentions.

If you think it is a good idea, use the site. If you don’t like the thought, I am sorry to bother. If you have any questions you can contact me at http://www.h2oregon.com/contact.php

Ben
http://www.h2oregon.com

Last edited:

24drnkz

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bend, OR
Once there are more than 3 members this should be a good resource concerning good ol' Oregon topics :D

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Hi

Agreed, it just launched yesterday and we are up to 5 members. It will take a bit to gain critical mass, but I think we can make it work. I am going to attempt to start working with the clubs, shops, etc. to get the word out and do some promoting.

In the meantime, sign up and use it if you like, the earlier you sign up the better user name you can get. I know several people in the Central Oregon area that would use it as well once we can get it going, and I am sure there are lots others.

Once interesting feature is the calendar. Currently, there is one master public calendar that I have put some of the poker runs on. The next version of the software will allow for separate calendars for the individual forums. With this we can set up a calendar for each club for club rides, other events, etc.

Thanks for posting back and let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions.

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
We are at 20 users and almost 30 posts in just over 24 hours. The forum has been expanded to include every club in the state, and a lot more riding areas. We are currently working with some Oregon snowmobile organizations to get the word out.

Ben

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
i just went over and joined the forums.....seems to be pretty cool. hope to see more over there soon....

Thanks J-Rad

The site is growing slowly but surely. It has been up for a week now, with 33 registered members (I swear I only know 2 or 3 of them personally) and the traffic logs showing a ton of visits from unregistered users. We are also already one of the top Google results when searching for Oregon snowmobile discussion sites.

We are currently working on creating some strong partnerships with Oregon snowmobile clubs and organizations, an absolute necessity as far as I am concerned. The Snowest forum is great - I just think there are a lot more people out there we can reach.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words and we hope to see the rest of you there soon.

Take care,

Ben

BTW - We will be giving away some free snowmobile DVD's to active/registered members in the near future.

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
45 Users with 193 Posts in 54 threads (all within the first 1.5 weeks)
Just gave away our first free copy of Alticity 6 DVD - more to come
Working closly with various clubs and organizations

If you snowmobile in Oregon and you aren't part of it yet, you should be.

http://www.h2oregon.com

Premium Features