• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutch alignment

W
Dec 26, 2007
I have a 2000 800 rmk and I cannot get my clutches aligned.When I put the alignment tool on, the clearance on the front side of the secondary clutch is to much according to SLP's instructions with the tool.I have .095 clearance and I cannot get the motor to move.The rear motor mount straps are elongated but the front are not.Do I need to elongate the front holes also or do you open up the holes that are underneath the motor so the motor will twist? I also need to know if using SLP's torque arm and stop, should the clearance be less than the spec of .020 to .040 because the motor wont move as much.Slp's tech line has not been much help.Also I do have the torque arm unhooked and both the Slp rubber stop and the factory stop backed off and the motor mount nuts loose.

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
Have you checked your motor mounts for wear? With the push and pull arms you only need like .020 lead.

G

go high fast

I think you're talking about paralelism.

2000 Service Manual calls for .060 gap at the front of the secondary when using the alignment tools.

Have you had the jack shaft out recently?? If not I would think torque arm and push arm adjustments should be able to make up the difference.

Premium Features