• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M1000 Twin Pipers Thread

R
Dec 2, 2001
Spokane WA
Just wonderin how the other brothers are comming along on their setups. List your details and any opinions.

08 M1k 162
Jaws Twins (CPC)
Attitude Box
CPC Intake
230lb rider, 3-6k
85g primary weights, stock spring
DD torsional secondary with 42/36 and CPC red/white spring

The pipes sound great and this combo is starting to come together, but Im not in love yet. I cant get it lean enough with the Attitude controller. Will probably have to add a regulator and dial down the fuel pressure. The upshift and backshift feel good, but the stock gearing feels tall. Im over-revving about 200rpm even with 85g wow! Anyone else running into this?

shadow conspiracy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Quesnel, B.C.
07 m1000
3 post clutch with 80g weights, stock yellow spring
Jaws twins
Boondocker Box
Sno Pro air box
RKT clutch kit,38/36 with Red spring
3-6k feet

Rev are between 7200-7400 on long pulls.
Track speed is between 48-52mph
Temps are running at 1250
I want to get the revs up a bit more so im gonna to try and move the spring over one hole on the secodary to see if it helps. Very happy with this set up.

Curious on why were running such different weights from the post above but riding at the same elevation with similar set ups?

Last edited:
A
Nov 30, 2007
Alberta
2007 M1000 162. Running D&D twins, d&d mod BD box. EGT's. Stock weights, RKT seconday setup and stock gearing. Tried to dial in last year, changed settings, added back pressure on silencer, went to stock controler etc. Temps would get up to 1250. But still not the performance I expect. At 2000' it runs like a top fuel dragster, unbelievable. At 6-7000' seams to be lacking air flow, would pull up to 8200 then fall back to 6900-7200. On a jackstand at 2000' would do the same and noticed that at the high rpm's would start to pull air plenum in as well as rubber tube then rpm drops off. Had extra vents in top of stock plenum and large mouth tube. Pulled powervalves out and now putting on D&D intake. This sled ran excellent with stock pipe, D&D silencer and RKT clutching.

Ajay

Last edited:

mountain_tamer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rimbey, Alberta
First trip out will be this weekend.

07 M1000
Jaws Twins
BD Box with Arctic Edge settings
Black Diamond Intake
Supreme Tool Secondary
Sno pro green spring
47 degree helix
stock weights

I will post when I get back to let you guys know how this setup works out.

Aaron

mountain_tamer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rimbey, Alberta
This setup works amazing.

I need to switch to a 45 degree helix to get my RPM up to 7450 I was only pulling 7250-7300

I ran up against a Rev XP 800 and a 1M sled with a 1000 Speedwerx motor in it and there was no touching me in a drag up the hill I pulled on both of them through the whole race.

Jaws by far are the best pipes ive ran.

Aaron

S
Dec 27, 2007
prince george, bc, canada
This setup works amazing.

I need to switch to a 45 degree helix to get my RPM up to 7450 I was only pulling 7250-7300

I ran up against a Rev XP 800 and a 1M sled with a 1000 Speedwerx motor in it and there was no touching me in a drag up the hill I pulled on both of them through the whole race.

Jaws by far are the best pipes ive ran.

Aaron

i second that, jaws pipes are amazing once you go through a roll of heat tape under your hood lol, aside from that, i wouldnt go with anything else.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Any more updates on this set-up? I'm thinking of going this direction but might just run the RKT head & clutch kit with Y-pipe...I'm getting 42 MPH track speed with the y-pipe and clutch kit...thinking head may get me a few more. But, 50 MPH would be nice. :)

S
Nov 30, 2007
The Last Frontier
I don't know how anyone might be seeing over 7990 rpms since theres a hard rev limiter there. Meaning you can sweep thru it. D&D twins are nice and no matter how bad your clutching is they will still have more power and track speed. It is worth the time and effort to dial them in, not perfect but good to keep your rpms in a 3-400 rpm range. You have to go light on the heels. Use atleast the 060 or the XS-817 belt. AS the XS will drop rpms big. 250-500 in some cases, very durable. stock secondary spring works very well with many helix'. 85 grams IS silly heavy. But some roll that way. hahaha. Might wanna double check and spec the primary and its parts.....3 or 4 arm??? Jaws are very good, I have never had a bad set. I did however have 1 or 2 sets that mysteriously just made 5-8HP more than advertised and all the rest. Volume tested them and checked measurements, but without cutting them up no way of telling why?????? Greg has a very nice program to assist in developing the pipes to match the engine. With the lower operating rpms you can afford to go abit higher in helix without loosing any grip. Past 7800 and then it starts to show. The big 1000 can pull big helix , but only if thats your kinda riding. 46-40 full progressive 44-36, 42-38 seem popular. Seen a few 50/42-38,48/40-38. Straight 50 or 48 just for the quick snap up to higher trackspeed, but once past 20 mph it will never be in the 50 anymore. Atleast thats the way it was told to me. I like the heavier mid weighted arms since thats where i ride the most and it gives a good upshift and grip. Seems you have to have a finish rate of atleast 310 or 330 to get real good backshift during a climb with the heavy arms. Other thing that seems to work well is to lower the belt rediculously low in the secondary with stock helix. Just as long as it doesn't hurt the start, and it seems to XTEND belt life big. over 900 miles on 1 belt, but almost no stucks too or atleast no bad ones. Anyone try the speedwerx twins, I never read anything about them, never tried them myself but I seen they made real good power at elevation 8-9k test. On the D&D's make sure you have good back pressure, that is important. i think at 10-11k its 3/4-7/8 open on the barker. Watch for it to goo stupid lean if your way off , with not enuff BP. And if power seems to drop too quick during a climb or not what they should then your pipes could be stacking. Short test runs and you'll be safe for testing.

R
Dec 2, 2001
Spokane WA
Im still working on mine. Ive been tuning with a bad tach:mad: ,so now Im finally getting some consistancy. Mine is working well, but not huge gain over the single pipers. Sounds cool though.

R
Dec 2, 2001
Spokane WA
UPdate

Well, after a year its come a long way!
Switched to 046 belt
DD lite w/ lower gearing
Powerclaw
VE tunnel ext.
lighter primary weight
(CPC heel loaded near 80g)
Vented with frog skins
Bikeman pressure regulator
Straight 38 helix

Getting the fuel pressure in line was a huge factor. The sled was about 4psi too high. The best mods were the Powerclaw and the lower gearing. Gearing down has helped tremendously with clutch consistency. Venting and snow injestion into the hood was a big problem too. Snowdust cools the pipes too quickly and they would fall off. They need to stay hot. EGT temps I run it about 1000 to 1100 on the road, and mid 1200s wot with a good safe wash pattern. This is my 4th twin piper and has turned out to be the best and most consistent so far. (Not without a few headaches along the way) Stock hood btw with no heat/melting issues whatsoever.
Also worth mention, I run a Digitron speed sensor on the driveshaft. I started stock at 2500 rpm at elevation and now I avg. 2800 (climbing)
So, for me it has been worth it

Premium Features