• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Conditions on the Manti-Skyline

M
Dec 29, 2007
Hello everyone!

Conditions up on the Skyline on Friday and Saturday the 18th-19th of January were excellent...especially with our new Yamaha Nytro MTX! I would like to thank the Skyline Snoriders, Big Pine Sports, the Utah Snowmobile Association and anyone else who made this possible. Incredible.

If there are any Skyline Snoriders out there...Dave and I were waiting for you at high noon at the Beacon Basin...and left just before 13:00.

Anyways, here are the conditions.

On Saturday, there was tons of traffic on the Manti-Skyline. We have been blessed with good stability. Most slopes adjacent to Highway 31 have been tracked out considerably. As soon as you get to Lake Canyon, less traffic. I did not go out to Staker, Rolfson, Potter's, although these will be the place more prisitine.

I would like to thank everyone who was out there on their travel techniques. Most groups rode one at a time in avalanche terrain and stayed out from underneath the slide paths you were high-marking. Keep it up. Travelling one at a time reduces risk! Remember not to get complacent as more high-marks are on a slope. Avalanches can happen after many tracks are up there.

We'll see everyone at the State Ride on Saturday. Max

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
For what its worth i dont think i will ever visit sanpete county again.

Treatment (or should i say harassment) from local law enforcement and rangers was ridiculous. business and customer service in ephraim was a joke.
It was bad enough to make me discourage people from hunting, sledding, fishing, recreating in sanpete county. I will take my money else where...:mad:

D
Dec 28, 2007
100b4112.jpg

100b4120.jpg

100_4086.jpg

My first trip on saturday the 19th. It was awesome me and my two boy could'nt get enough. Glad we had extra gas. They want to go back saturday.

Last edited:
M
Dec 29, 2007
Hey! Snow Big Deal. I will be up at the Fairview TH on Saturday for the ride. Would you like to join Dave and I? Bring your snowboard. See you then

Premium Features