• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WTH is up at Nobletts??

R

RMKRAZY

Aug 5, 2001
UTAH
Today the DNR had a registration check point up below Mill Hollow - our group was good - but others were not so lucky and got to take home a nice piece of memorabilia (tickets). I've never seen them setup like that - it was interesting and the commentary with the "officer" that checked me was comical. " Don't scratch that snow off the tunnel too hard you'll remove the VIN sticker" (I was scratching the ice off the embossed VIN!!) We were then asked if we had our DLs with us and if we were wearing a beacon.

So - here is my b@!@$! The DNR can play hardball on our registrations, etc, but the parking lot is far from normal capacity as it has not been plowed back to the rocks or pushed back on the west side either. The line of vehicles down the road the last two weeks has been unbelievable to me and I've ridden there for years. With more registrations every year (it seems), and thus more $$ why has the quality of maintenance on this public access point declined so much this year?

S
Oct 26, 2001
Westpoint, Utah
Ah yes the nobblets trail head....kev it's not only that guy, but from my experience...and several others...that is just plain old not a place to go...I have witnessed...of course I wasn't a part of...a sled being impounded, a guy about going to jail for not giving the pig his DL...and just plain old being treated like a peice of SH!t!!!

GOD JOB DNR!!!! way to protect and serve!!!

The meaning of "chip on your shoulder"

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Quit Whinning!

I see that the DWR had a little rally this weekend, I was down south a a rarely used trail head and was checked for registration. And I have this to say about it all. IT'S ABOUT TIME that they nab all you worthless free-louders with tickets for no registration, I mean come on peeps, pay for your sport. I can understand it when other recreationalists see us as idiots when we will drive a 15 grand sled and be to stingy to pay our registration and/or sales taxes for our new purchase, for this I say grow up and live by the rules.
As for the parking lot plowing, yes it is a problem so I would hope that it gets fixed soon but in the mean time take 5 minutes drop that 2,000 lb plow you have on the front of your work truck and make a couple passes at the lot yourselves, does someone have to do everything for you!

So thankyou to the DWR for getting all the free-louders this last weekend.

BTW how much are those tickets anyway?

R

RMKRAZY

Aug 5, 2001
UTAH
Read my post!

I'm not whining about being registered - I'm always legal and compliant and side with you on people registering their sleds. I do think the DNR is over the top at Nobletts though! You ever heard Smokin's story from recent years?

What I'm whining about is the lot not being pushed back all year - have you seen what has to be moved now?!! It's not something an 8'6" Boss or Western plow on a 1 ton can easily move my friend! ( no I don't have a plow - but wish I did!)

We pay taxes to employ people to do this work, and as my father taught me..."a job worth doing is worth doing well". Had they started it right it'd be manageable - now we need a grader and a frontend loader to make it right. If you have one of each I'll gladly borrow and go take care of it myself :face-icon-small-win That way it will get done RIGHT!

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
My daughter said that she was checked for registration at Strawberry on Saturday and they had impounded 2 sleds and had 2 guys sitting there with handcuffs on - hope that they had just recovered someone's stolen sleds. If you had a sled stolen, I would bet that you would be shouting for them to be doing reg checks :)

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Back off self righteous crap will ya. I have NEVER rode a sled that was not registered and have never stolen a sled. The way these nazis conduct their selves (the one I mentioned ) is I have a badge and a gun so you better kiss my a$$. Im sorry if he is related to either of you but a dick is always gonna be a dick. I dont care who or what your job is.

Last edited:
N
Nov 26, 2007
Lmphao

The "stop your whining" comment has me rolling and is another fine example of snowmobilers eating their own! We really can be our own worst enemies can't we. I personally could care less if you register your sled or not...don’t whine when you get a ticket... I have mixed feelings about it myself... why do I have to register my snowmobile to ride on the snow when people don't have to register their bicycles to ride on the same street as my taxed and registered truck? If 100% of my registration money was going to grooming, S&R or some other activity to help the sport then there would be no controversy.... why don't the cross country skiers have to pay a few bucks to assist with grooming cost?.... blaa blaa blaaa... regardless of this... No one deserves to be treated the way some (and I mean only a few) of these over zealous wardens treat people... If you steal a sled then you deserve what you get …. But has anyone ever had a car confiscated for an expired registration? NO … you get a ticket and go on your way…why should it be any different for your sled? They can do their jobs and enforce the laws without being complete pricks about it don’t ya think?

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Thanks Spencer, I was with Pete the day they almost took his goat. His sled was about 6 diff. sleds at the time. He had just put it togather didnt have time to do the paper work. If the guy didnt have a badge and a gun he would have got his a$$ kicked for the way he treated my friend. Thats my whole point, go ahead and enforce any law ya want but dont be a prick just because you can.

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Back off self richeous will ya. I have NEVER rode a sled that was not registered and have never stolen a sled. The way these nazis conduct their selves (the one I mentioned ) is I have a badge and a gun so you better kiss my a$$. Im sorry if he is related to either of you but a dick is always gonna be a dick. I dont care who or what your job is.

Unfortunately, you missed my whole point by over reacting, and it has nothing to do with being "self-righteous", nor was the post directed at you personally. You mistake the "young toe head fish cop" with the intent and purpose of the law. You can petition to change it thru legislative action if you don't agree with it - good luck, I tried that a couple years ago. I have a hard time with alot of the laws in this state, but I am also not going to critisize the law, rule, etc just because of one azzhole guy. I was stopped near Whitney 2 seasons ago, just bringing a brand new sled back from Alpine, wanted to give it a rip on the way home, told the fish cop the truth, his reply was how many hours did I think it would take me to get it loaded back up, I said about another hour or so and he said "that's about what I was thinking". They're not all azzholes, thankfully. BTW, don't see where anyone accused you of not registering or stealing one and yes, I am related to a dick, but he's not a fish cop;)

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Unfortunately, you missed my whole point by over reacting, and it has nothing to do with being "self-righteous", nor was the post directed at you personally. You mistake the "young toe head fish cop" with the intent and purpose of the law. You can petition to change it thru legislative action if you don't agree with it - good luck, I tried that a couple years ago. I have a hard time with alot of the laws in this state, but I am also not going to critisize the law, rule, etc just because of one azzhole guy. I was stopped near Whitney 2 seasons ago, just bringing a brand new sled back from Alpine, wanted to give it a rip on the way home, told the fish cop the truth, his reply was how many hours did I think it would take me to get it loaded back up, I said about another hour or so and he said "that's about what I was thinking". They're not all azzholes, thankfully. BTW, don't see where anyone accused you of not registering or stealing one and yes, I am related to a dick, but he's not a fish cop;)
You missed my point where did I throw all fish cops under the bus? My problem is with ONE azzhat. If this punk didnt have a badge his attitude would have got him lowered many pegs by now. One of my closest friends in the world is a fish cop. Im the first guy to give them and law officers the respect they deserve. Slow down and reread.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Sanpete county

Had a run in with the law and the fish cops down in ephraim on saturday...

all i can say is thanks for singling out the "out of towners" while all the locals went in "check" free. In fact one local showed up parked right next to us and was told to just go have fun and register the sleds next time, while we were threatened with impounding the sleds. Then the dickhead police officer felt the need to get after us for wide tires, no mudflaps, and window tint... guess he missed the local trashy lifted trucks... oh yeah those are his neighbors/wifes cuzins...

never again will i spend money in sanpete county... and i discourage all others from doing so as well.

FYI my sled is registered, but i carry the stickers in my pocket cause i HATE the way they look on the sled (its too cold to stick them on right now officer, they will just fall off ;))

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
Jeff, I'll make ya change your mind. We can fuel and buy our snacks here then go for the ride of your life!

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Nothing against you Phatty, but I see a recurring theme. You seem to have trouble wherever you go. I am thinking maybe the problem is you have an issue with authority. I usually dont appreciate the cops attitudes, but just like with your boss sometimes, you just shut up and listen.

U

UtahSnow

Jul 9, 2001
Salt Lake City, UT
I'm with CCPowder on this. I have been stopped at Noblits a couple of times over the years and have been checked at least half a dozen times at other areas. Never had a problem. Nobody ever gave me attitude. I was polite to them and showed them respect and they showed it back. I'm convinced that when people have problems they are coming to the check with a chip on thier sholder. I always register my sleds and oddly enough.....I actually put them on my sled like I am supposed to. Putting them in your pocket? Come on....they only reason you don't put them on is because of how they look? I care about the looks of my sled as much as anyone (just ask anyone who rides with me) but that is lame. I know a guy who does the same thing. He does it because he uses one set of stickers for all 3 of his sleds. I like the fact that they are checking sleds. If you have ever had a sled or atv stolen, you would hope that people are checking it. Part of your registration goes to paying for search and rescue and grooming. Cracks me up. People not following the law and then getting pissed about it......move to Canada.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
I'm with CCPowder on this. I have been stopped at Noblits a couple of times over the years and have been checked at least half a dozen times at other areas. Never had a problem. Nobody ever gave me attitude. I was polite to them and showed them respect and they showed it back. I'm convinced that when people have problems they are coming to the check with a chip on thier sholder. I always register my sleds and oddly enough.....I actually put them on my sled like I am supposed to. Putting them in your pocket? Come on....they only reason you don't put them on is because of how they look? I care about the looks of my sled as much as anyone (just ask anyone who rides with me) but that is lame. I know a guy who does the same thing. He does it because he uses one set of stickers for all 3 of his sleds. I like the fact that they are checking sleds. If you have ever had a sled or atv stolen, you would hope that people are checking it. Part of your registration goes to paying for search and rescue and grooming. Cracks me up. People not following the law and then getting pissed about it......move to Canada.

ccpow, what other trouble have i had with the law? Why shouldnt i voice my opinion on the sanpete county's finest if they pick on the out of towners instead of harping on the locals? I guarantee that every weekend in the ephraim parking lot there are lifted 1980-90 fords and chevys with way bigger tires and no mudflaps and they dont get hassled at all. I saw 3 trucks go by that had no working trailer lights, why not hassle them? I was standing right there when the fish cop told the local with NO REGISTRATION PERIOD to just go have fun and get them registered next week. Then he turns on the 1 member of our party who wasn't registered (on a borrowed sled) and proceeds to write him up, threating to impound the sled. That to me is morally and ethically wrong and thats what my complaint was. :mad:

Part of the registration that you MUST carry even if your stickers are on the sled is the paper that shows the VIN tied to the sticker (just like your car, even with the stickers on the plate you must have the registration slip in your vehicle). So carrying that with the stickers shows that the stickers actually BELONG to that sled.

Im not going to get into an argument about it, but hate the way the look, and i really dont want a utah sticker on my sled, with a wyoming non resident, colorado non resident, idaho non resident, montana non resident, and california non resident stickers on there.

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
I agree, they are ugly. In fact, I even put on the dumb numbers (like a boat) they required a few years back. I wasnt happy, but I did it.

As for the locals, thats just the game. You think it is bad here, be an American in Mexico. They look for Americans and take advantage of it. He probably let the local go because the guys wife watches his kids or something.

Not that I am racist (ok, maybe a little minaly because I get tired of the whining and publicity), but you know what you sound like?? :)

And I wasnt picking on you, I just saw that you have had a problem at Nobblets and at Ephraim. Just wierd that you have had 2 incidents an 2 different places. I think you should buy a lottery ticket!!!!!

Last edited:
Premium Features