• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for a black M-series hood

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
My buddy just wrecked his black M-series hood he is now in the market for a used or possibly new hood. Anyone out there got one for sale? He is located in northern Mn. The hood must be free of cracks etc.

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Don't sell him one! He'll just do another hill climb tumble.

Second at Copper Peak........Awesum!

Owen

S
Nov 26, 2007
Here are a few pictures of mine
sw1hoodrv2.jpg

sw2hoodak0.jpg

sw3hoodag1.jpg

S
Nov 26, 2007
So now you want to know how it does in the powder. We could not find anything really deep, but here are a few pictures of the snow that we rode in today. No problems with it bogging at all. Running a blackbox intake. The last picture it was stuck, but the other two pictures I just stopped to take a few pictures.
sw1pjw9.jpg

sw2pbq7.jpg

k1wa2.jpg

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
I have my factory gauge installed in the hood. Yes the hood is strong enough to run the factory headlights. You would just have to figure out a way to mount them as there are no brackets in the hood for them. Here is a picture of where I got stuck and did the classic roll the sled all the way over to get in unstuck, no damage to the hood at all.
k8xp6.jpg

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
It's the same material as the M side panels, the stickers stick to them, but I'd guess you'd probably want to heat them up so they are more likely to stay.
I'll have on by this weekend & I sticker my hood (I ride for the Sierra club, so I have to put stickers on there:D), so we'll see how it does.

Premium Features