• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone been to Buffalo Hump?

S
Jan 1, 2008
Lewiston Idaho
We tried to break trail into the hump over christmas and it was so drifted in we had one heck of a time just getting to Orogrande summit. The slide was nasty. Anyone been all the way to the hump yet?

Steelhead Slayer

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
hump

i am curious to know as well? i've heard its pretty nasty ever since that bad wind storm in early nov. me and some buddies are plannin on goin up there next sunday... so if there isnt a trail now.. there will be some what of one then

S
Jan 1, 2008
Lewiston Idaho
Jkinzer,
Good luck, Please post on this thread how it goes for you. I have heard there is a way to get to the hump by going to big creek meadows, then up eureka cr. over to the hump. Have you heard of this route? It would be nice not to have to deal with the slide when it is drifted over like it has been, too much work and terrible risk of loosing a sled off the mountain!
Steelhead slayer

S
Jan 1, 2008
Lewiston Idaho
got chainsaw?

Jkinzer,
We had to cut out 6-8 windfalls just to get to Orogrande summit, If no one has been to the hump you will definitly need a saw.
Steelhead Slayer

P

PowderGirl

Nov 26, 2007
McCall, Idaho
www.facebook.com
Where are you guys riding from... Dixie? Trailering to the town of Orogrande? Only been up once years and years ago around Thanksgiving - had lots of snow at that point in the season but we had to trailer up to Orogrande Summit. Always heard stories of the bad wind drifting up there and how quickly the weather can change.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
i still havent made it up that way... some gusy came into the shop a couple days ago and said they barely made it past fish creek due to a break down.... however, the did say it is do-able and they probably could have made it, had they not had a break down... i'm goin over towards montana riding tomarrow so hopefully if i can get some guys together i'll try it next sunday....

Premium Features