• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mary Ellen Gulch - the trail is in

X
Dec 23, 2007
SLC
Just got back, spent 2+ hours breaking the trail from AF to Mary Ellen. Lot of Pow to be had in the gulch. the only tracks were of heli skiers. The trail up the gulch is easy now with no hairball creek crossings.

bronc67

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Southeastern Idaho
Thanks! I might just have to take advantage of your blood, sweat, and tears! Isn't there avalanche danger up there? I haven't been up the Gulch in the winter for quite a few years. It seems like that would be prime avy territory.

X
Dec 23, 2007
SLC
The east facing slopes are the ones to avoid, like the one that takes you towards Tibble Fork. Watch your slope angle, go where the heli skiers skied. Look to see if they bombed that hill first. Be Smart!!

Carp

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
What are you talking about? Nobody rides up there. You must be mistaken.:face-icon-small-hap

B

Blazer

Nov 28, 2007
Elko,NV
Hey Phatty still thinking of coming to Elko? If not thinking me and a buddy might make a trip to Utah, not sure where to go. Can you give me some ideas?

Premium Features