• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gunnison/Crested Butte 1/14/08

G
Got out Sunday and groomed to Rolling Hills, back down old Kebler too the trail head. Looks to be a good base (5ft). Snow from Fridays storm (18") has yet to settle. Watch for open water on both sides of the road near and around the "Y"

Watch out for traffic control signs and mile markers I'll bet someone had a bad day after they tagged the 2 mile marker post on the main trail.

S

Ski-Laxn

Nov 26, 2007
Longmont, Co
Gunni
Were going down to black mesa lodge next week for four days. I see the trail map. Is there alot of boondocking that we can do down there also looks like its scattered with lots of open and trees. Any info you can help me with?
Ski

BOULDERBOB

Premium Member
Jan 17, 2008
Boulder, Co
Hey Ski,
I'm one of the guys going next week too. We haven't met (or maybe we have and I just don't know it) but looking forward to some great riding. Saw where you said you had some trail maps. Where did you get them? I was wanting to get some.

Thanks, Bob

S

SSWIM

Nov 19, 2001
Grand Junction, Colorado
the Black is Great right now. It is DEEP. We were up last Saturday, the 12th, and it was the best snow I have seen in YEARS. Great base. The Mcleods, the Lodge owners, are great. You will have a great time.

Sam

S

Ski-Laxn

Nov 26, 2007
Longmont, Co
Wanted a place to ride out of and not have to trailer. Got the name of the place from on here. Tom seems like a great guy talked to him a few times. So if anybody is up there next weekend and wants to show 10 of us around let me know.
Ski

M
Dec 10, 2007
the Black is Great right now. It is DEEP. We were up last Saturday, the 12th, and it was the best snow I have seen in YEARS. Great base. The Mcleods, the Lodge owners, are great. You will have a great time.

Sam

Does anyone have a phone number for the Black Mesa Lodge?

P
Jan 17, 2008
black mesa phone

Does anyone have a phone number for the Black Mesa Lodge?

I have their number but it is at my other house right now. Sorry. They use a cell phone up there. Only thing they have. They seldom answer it however. Black Mesa is huge. Boondocking to the max, tree riding, monster open meadows, cliffs, cornices, a great variety. Nice place to ride. You can get lost up there if you are not familiar.

Premium Features