• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris Sleds Rock Canterbury

A

AK IQ Pilot

Dec 29, 2007
Polaris had another great weekend of SnoX racing.

Big Props to Chris Kafka for his Semi Pro Open Win. Chris visits Snowest every now and again so it was fun to see him pull off a huge win in the Main Event.

Here's a little color commentary from another site.

"What was cool with the Semi Pro Final, It was three Poo's with a lap to go. Can't remember the first two guys names but Chris Kafka was third going into turn two, He was low and the other Poo was up high. The Poo up top got nudged by Kafka and ended up off the track. On the final lap, Jonstad and Kafka were 1 and 2 going into this High bank funky s-turn type set-up where the track forms two lines (a top and bottom track choice) Kafka went low and Jonstad went high. At the end of this turn the track merge with a charge to the final out of this last turn. Kafka edged out Jonstad to take first."

Great Job Chris and all the other Polaris racers. And, Great Job to Tucker Hibbert, he had his Cats in top form this weekend as well.

Semi Pro Open Final

1 991 Chris Kafka
2 255 Andrew Johnstad
3 244 Bobby LePage
4 324 Paul Bauerly
5 99 Zach Pattyn
6 937 Dylan Martin
7 717 Mike Bauer
8 113 Matthew Bristow
9 155 Wesley Selby
10 602 Dan Ebert
11 21 Tyler Sedlmeier
12 163 Sam McLam
13 19 Brett Bender
14 88 John OMalley
15 127 Willie Elam

Pro Open Final

1 837 Ross Martin
2 44 TJ Gulla
3 68 Tucker Hibbert
4 7 Blair Morgan
5 16 Brett Turcotte
6 27 Mathieu Morin
7 67 Ryan Simons
8 3 Shaun Crapo
9 25 Dennis Eckstrom
10 93 Iain Hayden
11 48 Garth Kaufman
12 5 Mike Schultz
13 192 Jeff Snow
14 4 Robbie Malinoski
15 108 Levi LaVallee

R
Jan 6, 2008
Yup, I went today. Brett Turcotte is definitely making a good showing as a pro. The semi pro open final was very exciting to watch. I don't know who it was, but one of those top 3 guys had a big cheering section behind me in the stands. Props to Paul Bauerly too. He was about 10th halfway through the first lap, and worked his way up.

A

AK IQ Pilot

Dec 29, 2007
Good Post Dean

Turcotte is riding great this year. The BMRT ColdWave team is starting to get the XP's figured out. Bauerly and Pattyn are riding good as well.

How is that new Rev Mod of yours doing?? Hope you get some seat time in so you will be all ready for HillX.

I see now that Tucker got DQ'd in the first Pro Open final. Jumping on the yellow. He still had a very good weekend for Cat.

Anyone interested, the results from Canterbury can be found HERE

K
Dec 1, 2007
Robert Graeber has been running races out East on the Rock Maple circuit,not really sure why just see his name in the results.

Premium Features