• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 dragon clutch alignment

Jan 12, 2008
I have been riding an 2008 polaris dragon 800 the sled has incredable power and i am very happy with the sled but has some belt issues to be resolved.If you know the first time i checked alignment i used the old style alignment tool then checked it with the new alignment tool to find a big difference between the two tool and i do know that there are different tools for the tss 04 and tss 98 clutches that team has made. Iride with three other dragons they all seem to have this same issue.THIS IS NOT A BASHING JUST WONDERING ABOUT THE REST OF THE DRAGONS.

H
Nov 26, 2007
havre, montana
checked mine tonight, gettin ready for the morning, everything is spot on, no abnormal wear etc. 68 miles,going to check it after every ride for 200 mi or so, if nothing after that should be good.

Jan 12, 2008
My sled has about 400 miles on it and the snow has been very deep we ride togwotte every weekend so it has taken an *** kicking.But the sled rips.

T

trench

Nov 28, 2007
I have been riding an 2008 polaris dragon 800 the sled has incredable power and i am very happy with the sled but has some belt issues to be resolved.If you know the first time i checked alignment i used the old style alignment tool then checked it with the new alignment tool to find a big difference between the two tool and i do know that there are different tools for the tss 04 and tss 98 clutches that team has made. Iride with three other dragons they all seem to have this same issue.THIS IS NOT A BASHING JUST WONDERING ABOUT THE REST OF THE DRAGONS.

As said in other post, the 8d is over clutched stock, causing heat in the clutches and belt.
If you are woried about alignment float the secondary ( remove the thin washer from behind ) I did.
If you are going to add a pipe , the added power will help the over clutched situation.
I f you are going to leave it stock , make sure you ride your sled for at least 200-400 miles and revalueate the situation , i felt the sled gains h.p. from new by quite a bit.
Then if you still have a problem re gear change the top gear to a 19 tooth.

just my experiance so far.

D
Greetings to all!!!! My sled is frickin' awesome!!!! I increased the rear shock to 250# and that helped a bunch. My clutch alingment seems to be ok. The power just keeps coming!!! I hear a can cuts 15 pounds and adds a couple hp. The pipe is by "slp" stock, so no need to change that. Here's to the epic pow pow. Have fun!!!

Premium Features