• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

*HELP* Sled Stuck South of Muddy Creek Lot

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
This is Rotax (DJ) posting via Bushy's account.

Looking for some help/a track. My sled has a ripped track, completely tore accross..

Looking to rent any 151", must be cut every window (to run with extros).

I'm only about 3 miles south right off the trail...in the bottom of a lil rivine..not able to tow out in current conditions..

Planning to just get a track, and swap it on the hill..just worried about it getting snowed in.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Apparently not a good day for a lot of people. I burned my second motor down. This one didn't last 200 yards. Loaded it up and went to Castle Rock Xtreme! Dang near almost bought an xp!

DJ, did you try calling Planet Power Sports or Powerworld in Granby

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
We had an "incident"

Head on baby:eek: I was tired of that Rotax runnin so good in the 4 feet of pow, so I took it out;) We got down into this shallow hole and we're trying to pound a way back out when BAM. DJ comin down hill in a track and me comin up hill in the same, then come around a clump of trees with it on the bar and only had time to aim my superman exit at the last minute. DJ pulled left and I right but couldn't get out of the mongo trench. His ski took out my hood/intake system and my A arm got into his track.

Looks like we're going to rope it up to level ground and tow her out rather than getting a track on it out there. The snow is up to my chin in spots but lucky we're only a few hundred yards from the trail.

Last edited:
S
Nov 30, 2007
cda, idaho
can you take a kids sled (for sledding down hills) put underneath it and tow it out that way. the sled will give you a smooth texture to pull it out.

done it in the past.

good luck.

B

bdubs

Nov 26, 2007
!

See if anyone in the lot has one of those old drop in plastic bed liners.. That and some straps you can tow it out...

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Damn guys, I thought that I was rough on sh!t. It still beats staying home though. We'll maybe not for you, PJ, you should have. Feel for you guys.

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN
Are you out?

Hey are you guys OK? Wondering about both of you. No bodily injuries? Let me know.

B

BackCountryBob

Aug 7, 2001
Arvada, Colorado
Hey DJ, sorry about your ordeal---we tried a kids sled and it didn't work. Can't you rope the track together, then reverse your skis and tie the back end of your sled over the bumper (raised to the seat)of the tow sled and tow it out backwards?

The smart a$$ in me sez to remove the hood from your truck and use that as a sled. We went to a junk yard a few years ago and did exactly that and it got us out of a really big mess on the Flat Tops.

Sorry I can't help, sled not put together yet:face-icon-small-fro

Bob

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Centennial CO
Maybe if you could somehow tie the two track ends together, maybe some small nylon rope or some heavy duty tie wraps, maybe a combo of both, loosen up the track tensioners all the way and then after the two ends are tied together slowly tighten her up?? Get some turbos out there and clear/pack you down a path, would be a slow trek out but it may work?? just a thought, good luck... :face-icon-small-dis
As long as you can still find the sled that is???

Last edited:
B
Jun 9, 2002
MN
Maybe if you could somehow tie the two track ends together, maybe some small nylon rope or some heavy duty tie wraps, maybe a combo of both, loosen up the track tensioners all the way and then after the two ends are tied together slowly tighten her up?? /quote]

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe take a cordless drill along to drill a row of holes on either side of the tear and lace it together????

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
I might give that a try first before winching him out.

Thanks for the offer to help Ray and Idareyou.

Johnny T.

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2007
Arlington MN
definitely put skis on backwards. Unspring and compress suspension or take it out completely and tie back bumper on top of back bumper of tow sled or 2 tow sleds. Pack a good trail down and start in. Good luck guys

Premium Features