• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP 707 Tripple motor

S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
I know this is not the swap meet but me and my Dad were looking at his old motors and he was talking about finding a good home for the 707 motor for someone to use in racing or a hobby motor.

He set a speed record in West Yellowstone with it in the late 80's and it held for a few years and had it up and over Jackson Hole a few times as well. In 91 or around then he had a full rebuild put into it by SLP as we were going to run it as a backup play sled and it worked great but on the 2nd ride it took a tree. I know SLP said they had a new set of pipes for it.

I know if I put this in the swapmeet most would have no clue what it is. They are a super fun motor with insane speed for a older motor and this one was used in Drags the most and has a whole shelf of trophies.

So if anyone is interested Pm me or E-mail me at snowjw3090@yahoo.com and I will get you in touch with my Dad to talk about it.

S
Dec 3, 2007
This a RZ motor? Jim Noble took triple 650 piston port motors and welded on reed cage intake manifolds from I think suzuki 500cc single cylinder motors. Making them reed motors. They ran well for the their day.

P
Jan 9, 2008
No It's not I think this was a motor that Jim Noble built right after that one??? Yes they did work well the 707 was and still is great motor.

Actually they built the 707 prior to the RZ650 and the Rz700.They were orignally off the old 600 triple,I've had 2 1 in 84 then another in 87,The RZ's were based off the indy 650 but not till 89 or 90.with the big 44's for carbs I think you could get close to 160 hp.Very fun in the day

Premium Features