• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rabbit Ears 1/11/08

M
Nov 26, 2007
Centennial CO
Absolute sick!! Three or four feet/plus of the lightest, driest snow I have ever rode in... If you got off the trail you needed a breathing respirator (for yourself) otherwise you would suffocate, the ole Viper had no problem breathing not sure how though I couldn't hear it run half the day!!! Raging blizzard all day and still when we left, Muddy Creek lot was not plowed, everyone crowded into Dumont... Mark has some actions shots and I have a few still's I'll post a little later.. Rode with Mark, Dow and his dad....
Have fun this weekend,hope the sun comes out...

cicles.jpg

Rabbit Ears 1_12_08 006.jpg

Rabbit Ears 1_12_08 001.jpg

Rabbit Ears 1_12_08 012.jpg

Last edited:

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
You ain't kiddin Greg:) MC is a friggin mess with stranded rigs surrounded by 3 feet of snow and the plow banks are getting SnowX proportions. It's coming down at 4 inches per hour! Pulled in about 1:00, but i'm here and DJ is too. Time for a few hours sleep. Morrow should be penomeno and I think i'll stay out of 54:D I don't expect we'll get far from the lot or trail! South side should be off the hook.

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Centennial CO
4 inches per hour sounds about right, we(Mark and Josh at least)did make it to the power lines yesterday but only because the groomer had just made a pass on the trail, already a foot had fallen since the groomer's pass... We trailed a few miles south too, found some rideable snow down that way, snow up towards Buff Pass was just too suffocating, we couldn't ride more than 10 or 15 seconds in it without coming out for air :eek: ... The base is perfect as far as I'm concerned, couldn't think of a better place to be stranded, as long as you have enough gas and food.. Careful out there!! :D

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
We might make it across the street to the hwy 40 powerlines. lol Still coming down good. Just watching the parking lot high markers for now. OMFG, I just saw the looter go by on a REV!

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN
Carnage?

How did things work out after you and DJ made contact?

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
How did things work out after you and DJ made contact?

DJ's dad...Everything is all good, we got er done;) He's on his way back safe and sound...with his sled. Nothing a wad of cash and many hours worn't fix (for both of us), but that's sleddin in general:D My wrecked hood was a custom mod I made with a lexan skin and aluminum frame with high volume cold air intake. The next one shouldn't take half as long to build:rolleyes: I'd rather be replacing a track! I got a spare one of those in the basement! Next time it hits the snow it should have a new hood and new BMP top-end. Hopefully I get a few more miles on it before I bust it again:eek:

That pow is sweeeet out there boyz. Too bad I'm done for awhile. I did find out a motor can eat a whole lot of snow and keep on tickin. Mine ain't runnin too good anymore. Hopefully just the EFI havin problems with the intake bassturdization. Ran good enough to haul him out though! My first tow with the mod. I'm out of here and heading home.

Don't feel too bad Dave, I kinda wish I hadn't started my sledding season until next week with all the troubles I've had this year!

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN
Thanks

Thanks for the updates Bushmaster. Now I need to bug him about what track he's gonna buy:eek:

Got blown off on Friday. Saturday was EPIC! Got tired of taking the pow in the face by the end of the day. Had to tow a rev out. Ran into & talked to the bushmaster:D Tapped a couple of secret areas Friday & Sunday-less snow but still saweet! Actually got compliments for the Cats & Doos on how well the Nytro ripped:) All that hard work pd off this fall.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
The infamous switchback! lol That sled sounds great. You Minnesotans hit CO just right I'd say:D

Gotta be a bluebird day up there today!@##$#$

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
you guys are fricken killin me - gald someone is getting to take advantage of all the pow. Keep the pics coming - better than **** at this point.

Here's a few more for ya then. Hopefully we'll get more snow when you get back. lol DJ took the one of me on my submerged sled (hard to see a sled under me!). Down in those lee slopes the pow was 4 feet deep man:D Switchbacks Nytro seemed to be handling it fine. A bunch of us were bangin at that first bunny hill on the south side where the shortcut trail goes through, and making about 20 feet further each time and this fella showed up with an M8 turbo and blows right over it. I'm really questioning my recent BB purchase after seeing that:rolleyes: My "other" "new" top-end should show up this week, along with another hood skin so I may miss this weekend. When you riding next?

Last edited:
Premium Features