• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gore Pass????

madmaxx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
NW Iowa
How is the snow at Gore Pass? Leaving from Ia. on Wed. Is it worth the trip or do we stay south as my brother is in Castle Rock??? Thanks for the info!!! :D:beer;

J
Nov 26, 2007
Denver
Your not going to find a single place in the state that you would be disappointed with. So with that said go to your favorite place so you do not get lost. And yes the snow is incredible up there right now.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
The snow isn't that deep on Gore Pass! Yes, you can ride it but I would drive an extra 20 minutes and ride RE/Buff Pass! I live in the area and drove over the Pass last week and it didn't peak my interest.

IMO, it's not worth the chance at major carnage!

madmaxx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2007
NW Iowa
Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!! We always ride RE, 2 yrs ago we decided to try Gore, great area and less traffic. We are in Castle Rock Wed. night at my brother's. Heading out bright and early Thurs. AM. Last time we were there we had a hard time finding the parking areas, is the parking area at the end of Red Dirt Road still accessable??? Again, thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :face-icon-small-win

R
Nov 28, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Lot up near Latigo ("end" of red dirt) has always been plowed in the past - certainly less traffic but definetely more snow at RE. Get there early and get 3 miles from the lot and you won't see many people at all :) I'd be shocked if that lot at Red Dirt wasn't accessible.

Premium Features