• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody ride Pelican Butte yet?

P
Nov 26, 2007
Renton, Wa
Wife and I are planning to head down to Shasta Saturday morning, ride all day then head to Weed for a hotel. Maybe drive up and ride Pelican area for a few hours before heading back to Bend. Never been to Pelican Butte but saw a write-up in one of the mags this winter but I'll be damned if I can remember which one. Any body been there or know if there's a snowpark nearby?

P

Pac Man

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Aug 28, 2001
Oregon
Pelican Butte on a clear day is beautiful.

I couldn't believe 65 inches of roadside snow according to the OSP road report. That is like snow depth from the 70's when I was just starting.

Pac Man

O
Nov 26, 2001
Grants Pass, OR
Try and get in touch with someone local to show you around. There are alot of great places up there but you have to know where to find them. Until this snow sets up you're probably not going to be able to climb out of the areas that were shown in the Magazine so if you drop in you'll have to know alternative ways out. Dan

Last edited:

Snoboner

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle Point, OR
[ Until this snow sets up you're probably not going to be able to climb out of the areas that were shown in the Magazine

You mean "Some" can't make it out! Boost! (cough, cough)

Premium Features