• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

600 Triple Issue Need Help!!!!!

G

GADGETMONKEY

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
GRANITE FALLS
When I start it on the trailer it runs great for as long as you want to run it but when I take it on th snow it seems to run out of fuel as if someone turned the key off if I pull it 50 or 60 times it will restart and as soon as i start down the trail it will die again. it seems to run the floats dry and i need to refill it by pulling. could the strainer and inline filter be too much resistance for the pump when uder load or could it be the pto side mainseal? any idas would be much appreciated.:(

600 triple what? you can rule out crank seals by spraying carb cleaner at the seal while running on the trailer. if the rpms deveate, seal for sure. normally not if it runs forever at idle on trailer. more info on make and model.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
Pull the fuel line off on the inlet side of the fuel pump to see if fuel runs freely. If it does then either the fuel pump has gone south or the impulse line from the crankcase to the fuel pump has come off or has a crack in it. The carbs will slowly fill up by gravity even if the fuel pump is not working.

G

GADGETMONKEY

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
GRANITE FALLS
GREAT IDEA THANK YOU THAT'S THE ONE LINE I DIDN'T REPLACE.and I'll check the pump is there a way to test it k
like a vacuum measurement for a good pump?

Premium Features