• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coquihalla Summit Snowmobile Club (CSSC)

B

Bronjuan

Nov 26, 2007
cloverdale
This is just a general post to let let the riders who ride or want to ride in the Coquihalla area, that a new club has been started. A new groomer has been purchased, fees are 50$ and you will be a member of the ABC Snowmobile Clubs. On January 20th there is a joint club ride( cssc and merrit) from Henning to Thyme mtn. where they are going to be serving hot bowls of chilli. For any other info you can contact Dave Zeswick @ (604) 869-0475. One last thing, if club rides and that sort of stuff aren't you're thing, if you just want to ride or learn the area Pm me and I would be happy to give you any other info, just try to support the club because nobody likes ridding 10 k of whoops to get to the good stuff.

B

Bronjuan

Nov 26, 2007
cloverdale
There will be a meeting on January the 15th at 1821 Sumas Way in abbotsford at 7 pm. Everyone is welcome come check it out and see if it is something you are interested in.

B

Bronjuan

Nov 26, 2007
cloverdale
well come to the meeting and let the guy know who made the web page, I thought it was a little strange myself.

Teamdog

Premium Member
It's interesting that we are going to have 2 clubs on the Coq this year. The Chilliwack Snowmobile club has been operating in the area already and have been grooming up on henning and all the way to the 10K trail. It was sure great last sunday to have a smooth trail home.
Our club also is hosting their meetings in Abbotsford at the Crossroads restaurant as well. Our meetings are on the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30pm.

Later....

Teamdog

Premium Member
3 Presidents?

I sure hope there won't be any type of fight or struggle. That will only make it harder for people to enjoy the sport and the Coq.

Our sport faces enough challenges from development and government restrictions that we as users of the terrain need to be working together to ensure that we continue to have access to the areas that we currently ride.

Later....

B

Bronjuan

Nov 26, 2007
cloverdale
3 Presidents?

I sure hope there won't be any type of fight or struggle. That will only make it harder for people to enjoy the sport and the Coq.

Our sport faces enough challenges from development and government restrictions that we as users of the terrain need to be working together to ensure that we continue to have access to the areas that we currently ride.

Later....

well said.

X

x-guy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 12, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Isn't the timberline cruisers up in that area as well? Anyways its good to see more people organizing to fight the good fight we all know is coming one day over land useage.

jltbo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
The cabin at 10k was stocked with wood and was used as an emergency shelter a couple weeks ago,the road was groomed thanks to Gary and all those who helped.

S

sledjunky3

Dec 4, 2007
Beautiful B.C.
wll i wouldn't mind a couple of rides with some peeps who know the area well... i have been a few times up to the cabin, but not too far after that and not to far back into 10k... someone is always breaking down, or injuring themselves and i have to turn around... maybe i should join a club?

F
Nov 26, 2007
Kinda funny,the Whiskey Jacks couldn't get 5 people to go to a meeting or volunteer,now there are two clubs?(Ya Right):face-icon-small-con

jltbo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Kinda funny,the Whiskey Jacks couldn't get 5 people to go to a meeting or volunteer,now there are two clubs?(Ya Right):face-icon-small-con
Well myself and the other 4 people (actually more) managed over the last 20 plus years to get cabins in at the bottom of Henning,top of henning,and one flown into 10k. Good things take time and help but at least now safety is provided in the way of shelter in the areas we all ride. Last sunday the fire was going at 8pm at 10k as we towed out the last sled after an epic day. Ps watch for avalances as I spotted one on the third bowl back in 10 k . will be riding the meadows of pasayten this weekend due to that threat

F
Nov 26, 2007
Well myself and the other 4 people (actually more) managed over the last 20 plus years to get cabins in at the bottom of Henning,top of henning,and one flown into 10k. Good things take time and help but at least now safety is provided in the way of shelter in the areas we all ride. Last sunday the fire was going at 8pm at 10k as we towed out the last sled after an epic day. Ps watch for avalances as I spotted one on the third bowl back in 10 k . will be riding the meadows of pasayten this weekend due to that threat

Well I cut my share of firewood for both cabins,and hauled the stuff for the 10k cabin.The hunters,snowboarders and summit seekers all use and abuse the area.A handfull of people cannot make it happen.

After the Stotesbury's sold the lodge and **** for brains bought it and did his best to keep people from comming up it became even harder.If a new club comes in they need to find somewhere else to park the groomer(like the highways pit)and separate from Coquihalla lakes lodge.:beer;:beer;

Griz

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
Vancouver BC
Isn't the timberline cruisers up in that area as well? Anyways its good to see more people organizing to fight the good fight we all know is coming one day over land useage.

They're based out of Tulameen and perhaps even Princeton.

Premium Features