• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

south fork

J
There is the Allington inn in southfork... <719-873-5600> It's a "Day's Inn" type hotel, trailers permitted etc..... Otherwise, you are looking at Wolf Creek Lodge (which is accross the street) <719-873-5547>... It's a "mom & Pop" Motel, Decent place, unknown prices on either one...

Hope that helps...

S

Summit 800

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs
we stayed at the Spruce Lodge a couple of years ago. not fancy, but indoor hot tub and priced right. (719) 873-5605. They had a big bunkhouse room for up to 8 I think.

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
i would suggest ute bluff (719-873-5595) you can ride out of your room. ute bluff is about a mile east south fork. willow creek trail head is short ride, cross 160 go west in bar ditch to next road cross 160 again to the south up the top of hill is the trail head. this is going to best and safest place to ride in our area this weekend. ride safe and have fun.

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
My wife and I are moving to Florissant in the next year or two. Where are the best / closest areas to ride?

Dont ask these guys, they're likely to tell you somewhere over by the sand dunes.

Come on boys, cough it up! the gooooooooooood riding spots.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
Ok guys, here it is. The 'goooooooooood' riding spot. Pay close attention to these directions. Go up the pass and unload on the side. Go 1.8 miles and dive off to the left into the steep ravine. Go south about 1/2 mile and turn right between the 2 trees. Make sure you are between them and not going around either one. Make your way across the sidehill covered in trees. The ski markes on the trunks will show the safest path. Once you get to the big rock, stop and take a break cause you'll need your energy for this next part. After the big rock, make the climb southwest out of the ravine. Now you will be in some very thick timber. I hope you carry a jack, shovel, and saw. Work your way to the top of the hill and continue along the ridge for about a mile then hold on and juice it over the cornice. Enjoy! There are your directions to the 'goooooooood' spot.

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
We rode Wolf Creek Summit yesterday - simply amazing amount of base - 9' +. There's about a foot or two of fresh on top of it - and only a few other sleds were seen all day.

Pics later.

MD.

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
Operator Error

We rode Wolf Creek Summit yesterday - simply amazing amount of base - 9' +. There's about a foot or two of fresh on top of it - and only a few other sleds were seen all day.

Pics later.

MD.

There is the GOOD the BAD and the UGLY. The good was great BlueBird days on Saturday and Sunday. The bad we only rode the Summit area including the back bowl thru the saddle. And the ugly ............................................................

I ment to sidehill that with the OTHER side of the sled:eek:
IMG_0677.jpg

Big Balls Little Hp (not true, that one nice Doo)
IMG_0720_edited.jpg

IMG_0719_edited.jpg

What a Weekend:):):)

It was great riding with you MtnDoo

Last edited:
S
Jan 11, 2008
Santa Rosa, Ca
Living there is called...Work ten more years to retire in California...or work a year and retire in Colorado!

Sorry about your leg! At least when I blew up my knee three years ago it was at the end of the season. I was good-to-go by the next winter.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I worked that last California year 5 years ago...now I get to play in the colorado "champagne powder"...still know all about that sierra cement though.

Not sure why you locked in on Flourissant either but you will be happy with all the riding possibilites once you get here...check out coloradosledcity.com or sledmods.com for some of the local hotspots.

Premium Features