• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Conditions in Breckenridge???

D

densnwbdr

Dec 30, 2007
Aurora, CO
We are headed up tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had an update on the conditions in Breck/Montezuma?? We would like to ride tiger road to St. John's , but would consider Vail pass if we need to?:D

I was up the day before the storm hit. The conditions were great then, so with the new snow I would say great conditions, but dangerous... I rode back near "Good Times", us & over Georgia Pass, down to the Jefferson side then made a loop back to the truck. I gassed up and headed back to the North Fork trail & played in the back bowls. A few avy's had slidden and some wicked looking loaded peaks through the valley.
I went up & over the far hill and rode over to Keystone. That area was amazing! Perfect snow, lots of drifts to jump and deep snow to play in.

I was going to head back up today (Monday) but I-70 was closed both directions. I think it was a "sign"... Someone watching over me, telling me that it's not safe to ride that area today. If you ride, be dam careful...

D
Nov 27, 2007
How were the conditions on the Jefferson side? That's a great place to ride when all the rocks are covered up.

Premium Features