• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Updated pics of my MCX Phazer with hindle pipe and K&N filter out the back.

C

Catmando

Dec 1, 2007
Hey sledders I just added a Hindle slip on exhaust to my MCXpress Phazer.
So I Thought I would add a few pics of her with the new Hindle pipe installed,that a friend gave me for doing some work on his Snopro 440/700 conversion with him also i took the K&N filter out from under the seat so it could get better colder air as a few people suggested.I also put a set of takeoff bars off a 2006 nytro and added my Acerbis hand gaurds .The sled sounds way better with this pipe and looks cool too
Now I have to ask if anybody can help me get the sputters out of the sled when you flaten it off the line and again when she is at full bore it is much like a govener on a car.Oh ya i ride at sea level to 1000 feet.
P.S If anyone has any info or sugestions on making the sled better ,also how do most have there suspension set at as mine bottoms out a fiar bit.
Also what about clutching?etc...right now im running pump surpeme at 12lbs of boost that makes around 145hp,do anyone run higher boost #s with race gas if so what needs to be done and what fuel are you running any info would be perfect.
S0 what do ya think
MyMCXTurboPhazer.jpg

MyMCXTurboPhazer1.jpg

MyMCXTurboPhazer2.jpg

MyMCXTurboPhazer3.jpg

MyMCXTurboPhazer5.jpg

MyMCXTurboPhazer6.jpg

MyMCXTurboPhazer7.jpg

MyMCXTurboPhazer8.jpg

MyMCXTurboPhazer4.jpg

Cheers Roger

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
I believe mcx says 94 octane at sea level for 12lbs of boost with headshim. If you run av gas(100ll) you can run up to 15-16lbs(headshim) of boost at sea level. Cheaper that way too.

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
My buddies and I turboed one and he put on a pipe and different air filter and a 151x14x2.3 track. At 15lbs its more fun watching the pigs chase my sister.

C

Catmando

Dec 1, 2007
Just a update on my sled the the hindle is off as the Yana Shiki exhaust is on,it showed up a few days ago so I thought i would share my finding to anyone who allready got or is thinking about getting a phazer and would like to hear what my new exhaust sounds like and performs, or would just like to see something you can do yourself to make your sled sound way better, here is what i done that was pretty easy to do and for very little cash as some aftermarket exhaust go for big $$$$..
Now im not running down any aftermarket companys because some aftermarket companys have come up with some great systems and if your not handy this is the way you should go as they got it all the leg work done for you,all you do is put it on with no fitting,cutting etc... but as I saidthey are a little pricey for me,So I started looking for something to do the trick myself ,which wouldnt break the bank, but it had to sound real good, but not too loud of course and it had to look bling bling.So I ordered a new pipe (YANA SHIKI)off ebay , a few days later it was here.To be honest I really had to put something on to replaced the heavy MCXpress exhaust pipe that was on it ,as it was very heavy and way to restrictive for the turbo system,it also never looked very good so as I said,I went Ebay shopping and came up with the YANA SHIKI slip on exhaust pipe and got a real good deal on it as compared to some of the other aftermarket pipe shops I came across in my search.After I had the Yana Shiki installed and looked it over I knew it was just the thing I was looking for as not only did it look wicked but it makes the sled run and sound way better.So here are some new pics and 2 little clips of her.
After i had it all installed and tried it I had some bad thoughts about the lenght of the pipe because if I rolled the sled it would most likely break off or worse break my Turbo as it is bolted directly to the turbo and some other reasons that i shortened it are- that I lose all my carrying space on the tunnel for carrying supplies like grub,rope,and Gas etc... but i will be making a little 90 or 45 degree exhaust tip or spout that will turn the exhaust fumes out to the side of the sled instead of straight back at my supplies and I will be able to add or remove it depending on what im carrying.I dont want hot exhaust fumes to go back and burn the gear im carrying especially gas as that could make for a loud bang and a real weiner rooster which in my books would not be funny.I do belive Yamaha actually makes something like it aswell that anyone can buy through your local dealer to add to your Phazer or nytro stock system to reroute you fumes.So here are the pics and video clip of when it was long and what it is like now shortened up,now i dont have a clip of it short but i can get one if someone wanted it but i will tell you it is louder now.So what are your thoughts on my setup?
P.S I may get some ends or make some if i cant buy any and sell the other half of my Yana Shiki pipe as i cut it right down the middle,if anyone interested in buying it,shoot me a pm.
Thanks Roger

Randoms282.jpg

Randoms290.jpg

Randoms292.jpg

Randoms291.jpg

Randoms287.jpg

Randoms283.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ztX-oFwuCU
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v328/shr...=Randoms288.flv

snowmobilingFeb132008071.jpg

snowmobilingFeb132008066croped.jpg

snowmobilingFeb132008066.jpg

snowmobilingFeb132008065.jpg

ROGER

whatryan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2007
lemars iowa
iam put them mcx t kit on my phazer right now just about done have u had any problems with it and what octane u running and one more thing got any clutching tips for me

The only problems I have had are with the MC-X air filter and muffler, once I fixed that the sled has run awsome. As for the clutching, I run the 90508-60015 spring in the secondary at 90 degrees preload with the stock helix and the 90501-525J8 spring in the primary with 4 shims and 8BU-17605 weights with 90261-06033 rivets in them. Primary rollers are 8CR-17624. These are all Yamaha part numbers.

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
My buddies and I turboed one and he put on a pipe and different air filter and a 151x14x2.3 track. At 15lbs its more fun watching the pigs chase my sister.

I should have proof read my post.. what I meant was its more fun THAN watching the pigs chase my sister. I helped you out installing the turbo for a couple of days and my wife built a slideshow of the project.....if you follow my posts there is no dirt calling a turbo phazer. I have been interested in getting one myself for quite some time and I think it would be great if you beat my summit.... as I was happy you beat it drag racing.

F
Nov 9, 2008
Catmando, do you have any pictures of the intake you made up? My air filter is freezing off and after a couple hours of riding, I'm down to 3 lbs. of boost from 13

Premium Features