• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

rode the ears, SLO 1/4-5

S
Nov 27, 2007
Longmont,CO
finally some good riding, rode the ears friday and steamboat lake area sat. as the latest storm came in, plenty of snow up there now, however the snowpack is very avy prone as there is a slab 2-3 ft thick sitting on a very weak layer of sugar, gonna be incredible with all the new snow once this storm passes. The last pic is as the storm began Saturday afternoon up at Steamboat Lake Outfitters, which is a great place to stay and ride, my first visit there.

Last edited:

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Hey Mark, Quinton here in Longmont. Thanks for the pictures. Looks like the snow is getting deeper.

Avy conditions are not favorable for the backcountry rider. Be careful out there.

Hope to ride with you again this year.

Happy New year

Q

M
Aug 29, 2005
Arvada, Colorado
We were up there on Saturday out of MC. Good riding, broke thru that crust one time, but riding was good. Didn't start snowing very hard until the afternoon. We stayed away from hillclimbing, although did go up the wall.

V
snowmobile club meeting!

hello snowmark, my name is jr and I also live in longmont. I was looking to go to the meeting and join the club. will there be sign's at johnson's corner of what room to go to? thank's for the info and hopefully see you at the meeting.

S
Nov 27, 2007
Longmont,CO
ears

thursday the 10th at Johnson's Corner..6:30 pm...just ask the hostess which room we're in.....Colorado Blizzards......probably ridin the ears wednesday with another Longmonter if you guys wanna join,....mmaxcarver, the usual on fri? ....that tree well was big enough for furniture

M
Nov 26, 2007
Meeker, Colorado
Rode the ears out of muddy creek lot on Sunday with rotax and sledskiing-what a blast very good riding little wind and some sun at times. We rode along the wall-NE area. Trees were great and even the meadows were worry free. Looking good up there.

DSCN0046.jpg

DSCN0045.jpg

DSCN0042.jpg

DSCN0017.jpg

S
Nov 27, 2007
Longmont,CO
ears

dow....congrats on the clone....when you wanna go out? ....got the flimsy, weak, poorly designed steering post all welded up and reinforced, I thought I wa s taking it easy on it....looks like snow every day up there....thanks for the pics OSP

S
Jan 8, 2008
Steamboat

This is my first post so hello out there. Me and the fam were up at Dutch Creek all last week, it was my first time out on my first sled i just bought, a 98 summit 670X. Ran like a champ. Also had a new sled for the the kiddos, the older Red summit fan seen below. Anyway - riding was great, rode wed-sat, sat got a bit windy though. Looking forward to more riding and discussion with everyone!

1HPIM0266 (600 x 447).jpg 2HPIM0298 (600 x 447).jpg 3HPIM0263 (447 x 600).jpg 4HPIM0257 (600 x 447).jpg 5HPIM0292 (600 x 447).jpg

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
I got some 3/4" solid steel bar stock I can weld up for ya Mark. lol I bent the post on my M once. Took the bars to the sternum on a drop and stop. I woke up to stars and no 0z and 3 weeks of tender ribs. Glad the post bent on that one! Just a thought about designed failure:)

Premium Features