• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Missing Sledders Cumbres/chama

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
There are reported 6 sledders missing. Tonight is the second night. We are looking for people that ride that area a lot and REALLY know their way around due to the harsh conditions. pm me if you can make it tomorrow morning and need more information.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I think that Jeff, the owner of Pikes Peak Polaris rides down there alot. Anybody know how to get ahold of him?

There are reported 6 sledders missing. Tonight is the second night. We are looking for people that ride that area a lot and REALLY know their way around due to the harsh conditions. pm me if you can make it tomorrow morning and need more information.

Where exactly are you guys going to be searching at? I have never ridden the area but I am experienced in Search & Rescue / Wilderness Med & survival. I may be able to come and lend a hand in the search if needed.
~JJ

C

colorado logger

Dec 4, 2007
south fork co
trying to get the jensons in chama to help they ride cumbres all the time

does anyone know warren in pagosa works at pagosa power sports i think he would help

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
We will be meeting in the 2nd parking lot up from the resteraunt, windy point at 9:00. We will have a meeting and get ORGANIZED!!! Weather permitting, we will ride around 10.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Trinitypowder just headed down with a group of guys to help with the search. Apparently conditions are whiteout and it's making it tough to make any headway with the search. Let's hope the weather breaks soon and everybody stays safe until then.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
Please use the thread in the general section. I updated it with what went on today. Thanks.

POLZIN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Farmington NM
Jason is an Aztec NM native and they dont come any tougher than that I never doubted he would be fine. But it still makes me feel better knowing everyone is safe. I know I will be putting an extra snickers in my pack. this should be a big reminder that we can all encounter the unexpected out there. Dont be in to big a hurry to to bust the pow to do a few small things that could be the difference between life and something else.

Premium Features