• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Old Corral motel in the snowies..

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Hawkeye

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Toledo, Iowa
Old Corral

last year we had the worst expience there with the new owner or manager. Any better this year?

We stayed there last year and no one seemed to care, we stayed there just last week and the new manager seems to be trying real hard to change the place for the better. I would recomend it.

A

Anti-Hero

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 6, 2001
Longmont, Colorado
we ate there late last season and we ask for a cheeseburger, and waitress said so like a hamburger with cheese on it? good thing it was not a bacon cheeseburger.

Rave

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2001
SE MN
Good !

We just stayed there 26-28 of Dec. Was good. We like it there.

I

ItDoAble

Aug 30, 2006
Loveland, CO
We stayed there last weekend, rooms were nice ... warm/clean/hot water and I'm happy. I'll stay there again.

Probably a good idea to check your reservation just before you leave. The group in front of us claimed to have 2 rooms reserved, but only one was. Four guys had to bunk in two beds .. :eek: They did give them the room for free because of the screw-up. Continental breakfast was nothing to brag about.

Hawkeye

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Toledo, Iowa
We stayed there last weekend, rooms were nice ... warm/clean/hot water and I'm happy. I'll stay there again.

Probably a good idea to check your reservation just before you leave. The group in front of us claimed to have 2 rooms reserved, but only one was. Four guys had to bunk in two beds .. :eek: They did give them the room for free because of the screw-up. Continental breakfast was nothing to brag about.

Those guys were in our group, the manager gave them 2 free rooms in Laramie since they were leaving in the a.m. Not too many places would have done that, the new managment is way better than last year.

Y

yam_apex91469

Jan 24, 2007
Byron, IL
Staying at Old Coral Jan 20 then heading to Winter Creek Condos until Jan 27. First time for Old Coral - OK with me as long as I got a place to sleep & s**t!!!

stumpjumper007

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Eastern SD
Another place that likes to impose their beliefs on everyone else.
no booze = no stay
friendly inn is best. imho;)

We're going to try out the friendly motel this weekend for the first time. Dunno, just something different and cheaper too. Never know until you try I guess....I haven't heard anything bad about the friendly....anyone else?

S

snowcross338

Feb 17, 2006
Laramie WY
No drinky at the Old Corral. They don't allow booze on the campus....
You can bring your own, but they do not sell it. Same owner as the Snowy Mountain Lodge. Sucks, after we get done riding we head down to the Bear tree tavern, great food and drinks!!!

Plus they are sled friendly, the restraunt across the street does not like sledders, fugging tree huggers.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Elkhorn Nebraska
You can bring your own, but they do not sell it. Same owner as the Snowy Mountain Lodge. Sucks, after we get done riding we head down to the Bear tree tavern, great food and drinks!!!

Plus they are sled friendly, the restraunt across the street does not like sledders, fugging tree huggers.

The bear tree has the best pizza. The old corral is a great place to stay but hell bringing your own beer up there is cheaper then buying beer anyways!

S

SNOWPSYCHOS

Jan 9, 2008
Colorado / Wyoming
New Place to stay in Centennial

Just wanted to let ya all know we will be renting out our Ranch House (just outside Centennial) starting early February. It's an awesome place for a group of sledders...it's 5 bedrooms (6 beds), 5 1/2 bathrooms, full kitchen, we will also be putting in a game room....oh yeah it has a heated garage incase you're like us and need to work on sleds. Sits on 16 acres...on the river. (oh yeah..... it's also very nice and cozy if your wives come sled'n or want to hang around during the day).

$249 night (but mention SnoWest and we'll throw in the third night free). If you are a small group and only need 3 bedrooms we'll rent out 1/2 for $179.

303-588-0966

HomeRanchSnow.jpg
HomeRanch2.jpg

Premium Features