• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

lowering a Hawk

N
Nov 27, 2007
Medford, MN
does anyone have a digram of where to remount the rear to lower a 600 ?
can you just move the mounting locations up. will this help or hinder the rake of the front or should that also be lowered at the same time?

B
Nov 28, 2007
The lowering took my handling to a whole new level ,especially if you ride boondocking and steep terrain . If you swap the Gen 11 Simmons ski in front without the twin axis , it lowers the front proportionally .

S
Nov 26, 2007
Kennewick Wa
Expert X.

The 2004, 2005 600HO's have a four inch taller seat height then the 503F's, the 2006 trail models with the flame decals had two inch adjustable rear suspension mount holes.

This repositioning by drilling new holes back is also a way some of the Hawkers, and owners of the the expert suspension system could longer track their machines I/E 136" - 141" without new rail extensions.

For the tall riders "Extreme Hawk" has come up with drop peg mounts, every body I have had try are not sure at first, their worried about dragging their feet, after a day of riding them their sold, tall or short riders!

While I'm at it a taller seat flush with the gas cap, like a modern MX bike does wonders for keeping away leg cramps on us 6'5" +-er's.

B
Nov 28, 2007
Addict said it . Also on single track and tight boondocking and sidehilling , my feet couldn't reach the down slope and made it difficult for me . I'm 6 ft. as well . My seay height is just a hair taller than a fanner . Quarter inch or so .

T
Nov 29, 2007
Morrsitown Vermont
Bump
Still wondering how much this lowers the machine.....an inch? Also, any drawbacks or disavantages to lowering it?

-Todd

I just lowered mine and it seems very low. I am thinking about drilling a third set half way between the two now. Check out the pics notice the angle of the swingarm.
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/tcskibike/10012008003.jpg

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d139/tcskibike/10012008001.jpg

Things to take note of..
The track will get tighter, but I believe no need to worry because of the relative placement of the swingarms .

I also had to back off the front spring and compress the shock a bit for it to install correctly.

Off topic.. My springs on the main shocks were backed way of, in what I think was an atempt to softened the suspension. I tightened them to where the ring just makes contact with spring and them 6 more turns.

I bet this mod make the suspension less rising rate because the initial position of the swingarm.

Good luck

B
Nov 28, 2007
WOW . Where did u get your instructions ? If u p.m. me with your cell # , when I get home I'll take a pic of my holes and text it to u .

Premium Features