• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Corbett Sno-Park - CLOSED!

O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Just an FYI for those who don't know, or were wondering.....

The Forest Service determined that they would close Corbett this year (not sure if it permanent). Their stated reasons being increased vandalism, low snow conditions :confused:, lack of funds, and highway safety. WHATEVER!! http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/centraloregon/conditions/2007_current_des_wintertrail_update.pdf

This looks to be a great season for riding out of Corbett. The snow levels looked SPECTACULAR when we drove by there on Tuesday!! It would have been GREAT access to the burn area. :(

So, now if you want to ride there, you'll have to fight the crowds (and whooped out trails) at Ray Benson........UGH!!

Last edited:
S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
well that stinks.from the hyway it looks like fun riding area in the burn.

P

Pac Man

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Aug 28, 2001
Oregon
That is not good news. I guess we will have to park at Benson and take the long way around.

Was it blocked off, or what would prevent you from parking there?

Pac Man

O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
That is not good news. I guess we will have to park at Benson and take the long way around.

Was it blocked off, or what would prevent you from parking there?

Pac Man

The six foot high snow bank. :p They have been plowing the highway right passed it. There is no access.

We saw about 4 trucks and trailers unloading at the bottom of the hill east of Suttle Lake....(right where that stater sits sometimes). They looked to be unloading and riding from there. I think it's the 100 road.

I've unloaded and ridden off George McAllister road in previous years. There are roads systems that get you into the Corbett/Cash Mt riding areas. Low snow doesn't look to be a problem this year, but it can be.

P

Pac Man

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Aug 28, 2001
Oregon
Batz and I are talking about putting a trip together over there in late February. I will keep you and your "driver" in the loop.

I'm glad you guys stopped by the other night, wish you didn't have such pressing business to take care of and could have stayed longer.haha

Pac Man

Premium Features