• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I picked up a pair off yamaha srx 540's

G

GADGETMONKEY

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
GRANITE FALLS
the ones with the Flip up hEAdlight and strut front ends do they have any value to them or should I look for another project sled?
there 440 srx sleds one has the engine in pieces the other is complete and runs occasionally carb issues.

Last edited:
X
Jan 14, 2006
?????????i am lost
srx's

what years are they ....are u sure they are not vmax's ......shoot me some pics .....sanchez2121@YAHOO.COM...I tell you what you got you could have something good...i have a 87 540 vmax...look like the older srxs but the srxs did not come with 540's

J

John

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 27, 2003
Boise, Id
Don't know on the value, I sold mine for $500. Twin pipes really woke that thing up. Fun little sled on set-up snow, way light.

Edit, Mine was the V-Max. Red with the pogo sticks and flip-up headlight.

G

GADGETMONKEY

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
GRANITE FALLS
Maybe Their 440's But There Black With Red Stripes Radiator Offset And Flip Up Head Light Next To It I'll Post A Few Pics As Soon As It's Day Light Enough To See Them

W
Dec 31, 2007
Is this one of the sleds, or a pic of what it looks like?? It looks like a Vmax emblem on the hood of this one. Or is that the big L/C emblem? What did you have to give for them. What shape are they both in????

G

GADGETMONKEY

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
GRANITE FALLS
Web Pics But Close

IT'S IN GOOD SHAPE BUT TH SEECOND ONE IS WITHOUT ENGINE BUT SOME GREAT PARTS i WISH i HAD A TITLE SO i CANGIVE IT TO MY 12 YEAR OLD BUT IT LOOKS LI9KE i;LL HAE TO SELL IT TO FIND SOMETHING BETTER

G

GADGETMONKEY

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
GRANITE FALLS
No Idea What To Ask

ONE IS COMPLETE ONE IS A BASKET CASE NO TITLES ON EITHER I'D BE WILLING TO TRADE FOR A SLED FOR MY KIDS WITH A TITLE, A LOT OF GREAT PARTS i'LL SEND PICS OF THE REAL SLEDS ON MONDAY IF I GET HOME IN TIME.

C
That chassis started in 81 and was an SRX 440, all black with siver decals on most of them. The cranks went out on almost every machine and they had some other problems as well. They didn't even make a high performance sled in 82. The fastest sled you could get from Yamaha in 82 was the SRV 540 fan. In 83 they came out with the V-Max in the same chassis as the 81 SRX but with an improved suspention. The motor was better as well and was a 540 liquid. They were red and black. I had one, very fun sled and pulled good for the day. I still couldn't beat the 600 Indy with it though.

G

GADGETMONKEY

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 27, 2007
GRANITE FALLS
i'm at work right now but after the seahawk's eat some cheese I'll get the pics up. the one runs sort of the carbs are a pain to tune I get it running and then it dies and won't restart foe 50 pulls but will belch evrytime, i've been told those butterfly carbs are touchy

W
Dec 31, 2007
LOL!!!!! I got Seahawk soup brewin if you want to come over and watch us PACK you away.... Those can be touchy to get dialed in, but it has good compression??? If you could get some pics of eng, rear susp.,track. Is the other engine complete, tour down, ???? Thanks. Good Luck to ur Birds but I think they are gonna choke on the cheese....:D:D:beer;:beer;

Premium Features