• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nordegg area?

J

jay_boom

Dec 15, 2007
Southwestern, AB
Does anyone ride in the Nordegg area, I moved to Red Deer a few years ago from BC and am looking for somewhere a little closer than Golden , Revy and Valemont to go for day rides. I have heard of some decent alpine riding but it was just a quick chat with some random guy. Any info would be awsome thanks.

S
Dec 22, 2007
Coquitlam
Does anyone ride in the Nordegg area, I moved to Red Deer a few years ago from BC and am looking for somewhere a little closer than Golden , Revy and Valemont to go for day rides. I have heard of some decent alpine riding but it was just a quick chat with some random guy. Any info would be awsome thanks.

Drive through there all the time family lives in sylvan lake i live outside Vancouver, Glacier national park gets a ton of snow not sure if you can ride there because its a park, you could check to see might have some riding areas out there that are ok. Or just ride the outside edge of the park, but for some reason they get way way more snow then rocky or nordegg.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Hasnt been enough snow in that area to safely ride for alot of years now. Lots of great riding just no snow.

S
Dec 12, 2007
Planning on a good ride to several areas west of Rocky as soon as we get snow,,,,,,,,, went up in the Sugarbowl last Feb. and had some awsome fun!!!!!!!

J

jay_boom

Dec 15, 2007
Southwestern, AB
Planning on a good ride to several areas west of Rocky as soon as we get snow,,,,,,,,, went up in the Sugarbowl last Feb. and had some awsome fun!!!!!!!

if its ok keep me informed and i might tag along?. I check in on here everyday. Lets hope for some snow!!!

Q
Nov 26, 2007
edmonton
Does anybody know how much snow is in the sugar bowl staging area? Sledhound did u go in the loan goat way or the crecent falls way? Just looked at the area on google earth looks intresting. Pics of the area would be nice to see. Thnks

E

evan3000

Dec 8, 2007
Red Deer Ab.
You can pick up a map free at the gas stations in Rocky, I seen them there not to long ago.
This link is to the snow conditions in the area http://www.whereadventurebegins.com/snow-conditions.htm
We tried to get into the sugar bowl a few years back but ended up busting a few trailing arms on the way in and had to turn back, I would guess late season would be your only chance for good riding out there. Or just drive another two hours and your in Golden.

Nov 26, 2007
unrelated topic but..does anyone remember a post from last year where guys were riding on Lime stone mountain in september after a big snowfall..whats the deal with that area?? anyone know??

O
Jan 11, 2008
Red Deer, AB
Rode Rangers Creek last year late in January....... No snow on the trail, and had to ride frozen river for a while, but when we got to the back and climed out of the valley up into the hills it was awsome! I've heard Oinion lake isn't guite as challenging as rangers though.... make sure you know the trail good because it isn't too clear in a few places which way the trail goes....

When we get some snow I'm going to try Scalpcreek sledding area (borders Banff National Park)...also going to try the sugar bowl this year.... apparently you get up pretty high above the tree line in both these places.... riding should be awsome once we get some snow.....

Premium Features