• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any Long Track Rider out there?

M
Dec 26, 2007
Wondering if there is any long track riders in Michigan. I do a lot of my riding in the Western U.P. I do not like trail riding. I love boon docking and finding the powder ( yes there is some of that in the U.P. lol) How do you guys like your long tracks for riding in the U.P. If you know of any mountain sleds out there for sale let me know.

R
Dec 17, 2006
Got a 144 long track ,I think that's long enough for michigan riding. hav'nt had a real chance to boondock much yet, but would like too ,did a little and the reverse really came in handy or I would have not got out.

rmkfire

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Oconomowoc, WI
I have a 155 rmk. I was just in the u.p. last weekend on the west side and I didn't find as many play areas as there are over on the east side. Where are the hot spots on the west side?

K
Dec 2, 2007
guide service

go to johndee.com forecast graphics click on keweenaw snow expeditions. Once your at johndee.com check it out, a lot of snow info.

H
Dec 3, 2007
MASON,MI
Deadsled, Do you ride Mt.Arvon or Peshekee grade area?I have friends who live on the east side of the 510 at Red rd. I ride out of Big Bay when I ride in Mi.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Marquette, Michigan
Hood,

I've been out that way a few times. Last year, we hit the sands area west of the MQT airport. There are a lot of nice play areas out that way. I'll be heading to North Bessemer with my brother in a few weeks to try that out. We are still new to Michigan as we recently moved here from out west. I made friends with the Cat dealer here and he takes us out when he has time. He's a long tracker too.

T.O.'s M-7 Cat.jpg

M
Jan 3, 2008
Munising
Kinston Plains

The Kingston Plains are located north / northwest of Seney. It's about half way between Munising and Grand Marais. Trail 8 passes right through the middle of it (if you're a trial rider). There is also a parking lot right at the Kingston plains that we use. Ton of land with minimal traffic, we spent all last week riding and came across one other track in the back country.......can't beat that for Christmas week. Only had ~2' out there after the big melt, usually it gets good towards the end of January.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Lots of good boondocking and hillclimbing in the keweenaw!

Check out www.johndee.com for the event, there will be backcountry riding in which you will see how it is to ride some of our off-trail spots. Registration is only 50.00! So you get great riding, an event shirt, dinner, entertainment etc....
All to benefit Make a Wish

JS

H
Dec 3, 2007
MASON,MI
Deadsled, Is that the sands plains area your talking about? I rode my enduro out there on 4th of july.Thats some serious tough bike riding.Charlottes Web, 'bout killed me and my son.BTW is anyone interested in getting a boondock together in the Big Bay area around the begining of March(give the snow time to stack up!):beer;

YOOPERREV

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Negaunee, Mi
151 summit x here, ride the Painsdale, South Range area and the Marquette area north of the dead river basin most of the time. Covered most of the U.P. from Mqt to Hurley l=LOTS of good riding in the U.P. if you take the time to look, you dont see as much on a 121 @100MPH.

Premium Features