• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Areas to ride near Cedar City??

A
Nov 30, 2007
Hey guys, My Dad resides just outside Cedar City and I'm located in Northern Colorado. Couple years back I went out to see him and we went East of Cedar City up near Strawberry Point I think. Lot of nice meadows and as I recall some good deep stuff.

What are the mountains to the East of Cedar City and does anyone know how the snow pack is up there.

I am gonna be heading out to see him in a few weeks and he and I were gonna head up to find some snow. Anyone ride this area?

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Brianhead Ski Resort area - up Cedar Canyon - probably do a search or call Brianhead for snow conditions. Also, Duck Creek Village, I think there is a snowmobile rental place there - they would know also

A
Nov 30, 2007
Yeah Duck Creek is where we rented. I got my own sleds now and was gonna make a 7-10 day trip out to see mi pa but I wasn't sure about where the better places to ride were.

How is that are around Brian Head and Duck Creek compared to some other areas?

I would like to get out into some higher altitudes like I ride here(10k-11.5k) so I don't have to re do my jets and clutches if possible, but hey I aint being picky, Just want some fluff to play in and a good view. So if it means adjusting the sleds then so be it. What kind of elevations will I find out there?

To be honest I was born and raised in Northern CO but as you can imagine 29 years later things have gotten pretty crowded along CO's Front Range and I get sick of it once in a while. Where would be a good place to go when I head out that way?

A
Nov 28, 2007
I'm going up this weekend. There is around 3 to 3.5 feet in Strawberry Point area. Elevation is anywhere from 8100' in Strawberry to 10500' up at Midway.The snow is phenomenal right now.

A
Nov 30, 2007
Can someone tell me where on this map aprox is Strawberry Point?

Map1.jpg

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Can someone tell me where on this map aprox is Strawberry Point?

Map1.jpg

Stawberry Point it the light blue dot that is near the top of ytour map towards the middle next to the semi-circular shaped peach looking dirt.

I would head up to Beaver, Ut to hit some serious terrain that has the elevations youare looking for, Beaver is about 1 hr north of you on I-15 and you can unload at the Elk Meadows ski area and head down the groomed trail they have up that canyon.

check out www. snowut.com for any info you need on riding areas around southern Utah.

A
Nov 30, 2007
when will you be in the area?

Somewhere around the third week of January I'm hoping but that may change to early Feb if snotel sites don't begin to improve.

snengineer - thanks for the info, hows the snow right now near that Elk Meadows compared to Strawberry Point, or not even now but just on any given year? Does one get more snow than the other and then which gets less crowds?

Sorry for all the ?'s but if I'm gonna drag my sleds that far....I wanna get it right.

A
Nov 30, 2007
I would go anytime you want. Call me at work 435-586-2411 KB Oil My name is Stacey Bettridge

Sure thing, when it gets closer I'll call in advance to let you know. My dad has lived there a while but hasn't done much sleddin' there and I've only been once to Duck Creek Village so someone that knows the areas and could show us around would be much appreciated!

O
Nov 27, 2007
Beaver has more steep and deep--always!

much more vertical than anyplace on Cedar Mtn.

Rode there 1 week ago and it was getting good.

L
Dec 1, 2007
over 2 ft in the last 24 hours. Heading up in the morning to bail some friends of mine out. Silly 136's. Still snowing and the power is out. White out conditions. Let it snow.

L
Dec 1, 2007
Afipunkrocks, Let me know your dates. We pretty much ride between brianhead and beaver depending on who's going and snow conditions. We know all of the picnic areas and also the sweet and deep plus the steep. Typically no tracks where we go unless it was us.

Premium Features