• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bachelor weekend = BUST

J
Nov 26, 2007
Stayton, Oregon
Hello all,

Missy and I left Seaside for Mt Bachelor Friday afternoon. Chains weren't required on Santiam Pass, but probably should have been. It was slow going, but we made it safely over, which is more than I can say for some idiot SUV pilots. Why yuppies in their SUVs (most equipped with ski racks, of course)think that 4WD makes them invincible, I'll never know. Where are they going that's so important that they feel the need to go 55mph on glare ice??
Saturday morning, I went to warm up the car, and found that the trailer had a flat. Fixed the flat and proceeded up the hill. Plenty of snow, but no base. We stuck to the trails, but most were ungroomed and single track. It ended up snowing so hard that you couldn't see. Missy's left handgrip heater quit, and once her hand was frozen she decided that she was done.
Sunday it was 35 and raining at the snowpark. I had taken apart the wiring on Missy's sled and found that one of the pins had pulled out of the grip heater plug. Once fixed, the grip worked fine. It rained steadily all day, but at least we could see. 5 hours later, everyone was soaked but me. (GOD I love my new Klim gear) We called it a day, and retreated back to the hotel to watch movies.
Monday morning, we loaded up for home. We ended up chaining up in Sisters, and kept the chains on until we almost hit Detroit. By the time we reached Salem, a good sized crack had developed in our windshield. GREAT.
Anyway, at least Missy loved the new risers I put on her sled. Perhaps our next trip will go better. To be honest, a bad day of sledding ALWAYS beats a good day at work.......Unless you're a **** star or something.....

Last edited:

24drnkz

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bend, OR
You left 1 day early! Monday was the best day of the year so far..........knowone was around:D

Premium Features