• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled-skiing

J
Dec 23, 2007
I'm new to this area. Anyone have any thoughts on the best bowls / runs to get some quality sled-assisted skiing/snowboarding in Washington ? Much appreciated. ~JC

J
Dec 23, 2007
Thanks

Thanks for the reply tahoeshredder. Checked out grouse ridge up near baker and that was pretty good. Access is a pain though. Thanks for flaming the new guy yammadog. Great forum though.

N

newtrout

Oct 1, 2001
Central Washington
Thanks for the reply tahoeshredder. Checked out grouse ridge up near baker and that was pretty good. Access is a pain though. Thanks for flaming the new guy yammadog. Great forum though.

Huh? Don't think Yammadog was flaming you. Most of the guys we see doing sled-assisted skiing are in pretty open country. That way they can ghost ride the sleds down to the bottom. Whistler is perfect for it. Baker is about the only thing similar around here. If you're looking for places where you can ride double up to the top, you can do that about anywhere. Even Gold Creek would have some good tree-skiing that would be road accessible.

J
Dec 23, 2007
sorry I meant tahoeshredder not yammadog. Perhaps im a bit paranoid and dont want to get cought up in the whole backcountry skier vs. sledder debate. I think we can co-exist and complement eachother. After all where all after the same goods. Thanks for the advice though. I appreciate it.

mtnboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Seattle & Leavenworth, WA
Lot's of good sled-skiing/snowboarding around the Cascades. Mt. Adams is good for it, as is the area above Lake Wenatchee. The back side of Stevens Pass is excellent, but only legal after April 15 (access from Nordic Center area). One of my favorite little drops year round is off the North side of Sugerloaf. But I like to ski/ride semi-tight trees. Can't ghost ride the sled down that one, but there's a groomed path back around the south side if you have two or more riders/skiers.

The "goods", as far as I'm concerned, are somewhat different. An expert skier can ski longer steep pitches than a snowmobile can climb. You can also ski in tighter trees. I have yet to have a conflict. Most of the time I'm sledding, but when I take the skis or snowboard the other sledders are awesome. It's all good in WA.

T
Nov 21, 2007
sorry joconsol

whoops.. sorry.. don't know what happened but i thought i was replying to a different thread. i also do a lot of sled assisted snowboarding and by no means was i trying to be a dick. hope you find the goods...cause im lookin too!

Premium Features