• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Photos - Hope (Golden, BC area) with Portgrinder and Brother

E

Ekliptix

Oct 21, 2001
Calgary, AB
www.photosbygraham.com
It was my first ride of the season. Friday, started at -14 and warmed to about -10. It was sunny all day.
The next day, we went back to Hope again. It was overcast and snowing. We made it back over another range, and found some amazing bowls. Then we did the best tree riding I've ever experienced, and made our way down some great creek paths.

We did dig an avy pit on a hill. About 5.5' total depth with no noticeable week layers, which was surprising considering what we've heard.

Camera: Canon 20D, Canon 70-200F4L lens
Time spent taking pictures: 5min because I didn't want to stop riding haha.

hope01.jpg

hope02.jpg

hope03.jpg

hope04.jpg

hope05.jpg

hope06.jpg

hope07.jpg

hope08.jpg

hope09.jpg

hope10.jpg

Last edited:
P
Nov 28, 2007
Kitimat B.C.
great pics Graham.......how do you handle exposure? Ive been setting exposure comp at +3 but am still not getting totally satisfactory results, do you use a filter? do adjust exposure in PP? and do you shoot in raw (nef)?

E

Ekliptix

Oct 21, 2001
Calgary, AB
www.photosbygraham.com
great pics Graham.......how do you handle exposure? Ive been setting exposure comp at +3 but am still not getting totally satisfactory results, do you use a filter? do adjust exposure in PP? and do you shoot in raw (nef)?
I just:
1. Put the camera in AP mode (aperture priority)
2. Set the WB to sunny (depends on the lighting conditions)
3. No exposure comp
edit: I use a UV filter for lens protection, and shoot jpg, not raw.

Photos #1, 7, 9, and 12 didn't have their colors, exposure, etc messed with. They're straight off the camera except for the boarder.

I seem to be perpetually lucky with snow, even though it's supposed to be a pain to take photos of.

Last edited:
C

canucklehead

Aug 30, 2002
Southern AB
Nice!

Sweet stuff G, it's amazing how great the pics turn out when the sun is shining. I don't even take the camera out anymore if it's overcast.

Premium Features