• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

xp durability?

B
Nov 28, 2007
anyone adding up some miles on the xp? . reading about belt issues but i think that can be taken care of with proper clutching and gearing..but that much weight loss has to have weakened the chassis elsewhere.. how's it holding up ? no bs or brand bashing thanx ..in the market for a new sled..:beer;

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
From what I have seen they are as tough as anything else. I don't know of ANY chassis that can take a hit to a rock or stump without some damage. At least everything is replaceable in small pieces rather than junking an entire bulkhead or tunnel.

B

Bubba700

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Rexburg ID
I have rode with a few this year and the only thing that stands out to me is one yesterday opened his clutch side panel and at idle his primary was visibly wobbling all over the place. Prob between an 1/8 to a 1/4, that and they seem to eat belts as bad as the 07 did. They seem to climb like pretty well.

R
Nov 27, 2007
South Fork, CO
i have a friend who rides an XP X 163 and put Vents on each side panel. All it has is an HPS can and about 300 miles, original belt. The vents were put on after the first ride. He is a very aggressive rider and has no problems with it. I rode it yesterday and it really runs good. It eats his 07 XRS 159 up with no problem.

W

Wyoming T/A

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sep 26, 2006
Powell,Wyoming
40% incline and a 4" tree..no damage except boomhowers pride
cooke12-22-07012.jpg

cooke12-22-07013.jpg

J
Dec 19, 2007
central idaho
I rode with one all day yesturday with not quite enough snow in central Idaho. Rode it some, was very impressed. He is quite a rider and has tinkered with the clutching some and to me it was spot on, to him more work to be done. But... I was shocked at how light it was, just a night and day difference from my 07 xrs. Mine is strong, well clutched and it felt like a hog after riding the 08 XP. Never a problem in a couple of hundred miles and we unfortunately hit a few rocks, and clipped a stump or two, but with some luck, and a seemingly solid chassis neither sled showed any damage. My initial conclusion is that it is a solid well put together light sled! No problems and we tested it more than either one of us would have liked to. My buddy is still tweeking on his suspension set ups and the clutching, but it runs awsome already and with some more adjustments, I can only imagine. I will own one as soon as I can! No belt problems and no mechanical issues. Just a lot of fun and it can climb!

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Riding today with one (my friends dad got it) and he likes it so far, with only a couple hundred miles on it or so. His only compliant about it was that one (or both?) of the hand-warmers quit, and need to be repaired, but otherwise, he likes it. Seemed to be a good sled from what I could see, but I have never personally ridden one.

P.S. He is still on the original belt too:cool:

P
Nov 26, 2007
washington
I hit small rock on 12-21 and broke A-arm support I think this is a weakist part so far,:mad: also right side panel falling apart the bad news came from diller he said A-arm support on back order and he doesnt know when it will show up.:mad:

C
Aug 20, 2001
Clagary, AB
over 500 miles on my 154. Solid sled, bounced off several trees, and an occasional rock...no damage. I wrecked 1 belt, but that was my fault...didn't have the deflection set right...could hand spin the belt...but I had 3-4 ft fresh and sunshine in Keystone and was too excited to fiddle with it so rode till she was wrecked...then set it right and again have had no issues....but I do believe it's geared too high. Only using the bottom 1/2 of the primary....all the 19 tooth gears are sold out here in Revy..so maybe next trip. But yesterday and today in 5-6 feet of fresh here in Revy..riding circles around everything else on the hill.

T

D

DragonFreak

Nov 29, 2007
Heber Ut
I rode with one on saturday and it was an awesome sled. Not quite enough snow and bashed some good rocks with no damage i was really surprised. Last year we hit a rock with a Rev and it bent the bulkhead. The xp is 1000x better. Just my 2 cents

R
Nov 28, 2007
I was riding Renshaw on the weekend and hit a tree. Iwas playing around and fell off. As I was falling I get the gas and she took off into a tree, I bend the upper and lower A arms alittle. Not enough to effect the steering of the sled. I had the A Arm protectors on and I think that helped too. I was worried until we pulled it out and there wasn`t much damage. She hit hard and survived

C
Nov 26, 2007
I just spent the week before Chrismas sledding in Cooke City. Rode with two new XP 146. I was riding a 151 Rev. Got my *** handed to me on a platter. They performed well and one guy hit a 3" tree coming down hill pretty hard and never hurt anything. Buy watching his hit, if it would have been my rev, I would be putting on a new Nun right now.
They both had belt problems. The first string was coming out of the belt at 100 miles. We cut the strings off and rode the rest of three days without any problems. It looks like the secondary has kind of a hoky adjuster. Both their belts were running out past the top of the secondary and looked way to loose to me.
Maybe an after market gizzmo for the secondary is in the works. Other than the secondary, I was darn impressed.
They should consider renaming Cooke City as Ski-doo city. Between all the people from MN and all the Doo's out there, it was hard to find much untracked snow.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I think the sled is pretty durable overall. Its just all the other under engineered junk to deal with. BRP has a long way to go on this model to get her fixed up. They just recalled all the recalled hand warmer kits. What a joke BRP is this year, its kind a like last year ! I had such high hopes for this new XP. Makes me appreciate my Yamaha turd !

A

anziconda

Dec 10, 2007
From what I have seen they are as tough as anything else. I don't know of ANY chassis that can take a hit to a rock or stump without some damage. At least everything is replaceable in small pieces rather than junking an entire bulkhead or tunnel.

Hit a rock about 2" under a 4' power field thursday with my M1000. Threw me and the sled about 7' in th air and 20' forward. Can't see any damage what so ever...Might have got lucky in how I hit it though...just glad I'm still riding this season!!!

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Hit a rock about 2" under a 4' power field thursday with my M1000. Threw me and the sled about 7' in th air and 20' forward. Can't see any damage what so ever...Might have got lucky in how I hit it though...just glad I'm still riding this season!!!

20ft, ya ! maybe 2 feet !

Premium Features