• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Barkerville

C
Dec 3, 2007
W.L., B.C.
I was up at Yanks Peak on the 15th and there was almost 2' of fresh. I've been riding up there since the 3rd. Great base but the trail in on the Likely side is pretty rough. Hope the grooming will start soon...

C
Dec 3, 2007
W.L., B.C.
I have some friends that were up on Yanks yesterday and said there was over a foot of fresh. I'm heading out on sunday! I work near there and it's been snowing constantly for the past few days. Gonna be good I'm sure.

C
Dec 3, 2007
W.L., B.C.
I thinkcrooked has been gone for years... I thought there is a sign at the bottom saying something about no motor blah blah.... BRAP, what sign? I didn't see a sign?

P
Nov 27, 2007
something about the wolves going up the snowmobile tracks and getting to the caribou.
Why dont they just shoot the wolves instead?

C
Dec 3, 2007
W.L., B.C.
At the bottom right at the gate. I'm pretty sure that's what is says on there. I plead ignorance though... just in case. I've never seen a cariboo up there, or on any other mountain for that matter. There's soooo much logging going on out there, I rarely see any wildlife out there. The more roads the loggers push out into the bush, the more access we have to the mountains. How does the government expect to keep recreation out of there when they allow the loggers and the mining industry in?

D
Nov 30, 2007
Better yet, who is going to enforce it up there, way to many people are riding for it to be enforcable i think anyways. Also to many access points even if they block off the main one.

S
Nov 30, 2007
centralBC
Have they been keeping up with the grooming on the Williams Lake side of Yanks.?
And how's the snow up at Yanks these days.
Lots of tracks in the hills?
Snowing like crazy right now in Willys puddle since yesterday. Should be good this weekend.
Dan

Premium Features