• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 M1000 Sno Pro 162" Setup for 6-8000ft

P
Nov 27, 2007
Just checking to see what setup other people are using in the 08 M1000 162" 6-8000ft Max Rpm ? Clutch weights ? Springs ? Ect. I took it out the other day and it did not feel like it pulled very hard. I know that it is new and still needs to break in But it just did not Impress me much for being A 1000cc Sled. Its Pulling 7300 rpm so I think that is where the engine should be. Running all stock clutch parts from the dearlership setup. But Iam going to pull it apart tonight to see what parts are in there. yea just never know what parts got put in there. I have a DD Can that I will install tonight, maybe that will help. Got 110 miles on it so it should be somewhat broke in. Just looking for some input. Thanks

L

lightening800

Sep 4, 2004
northern alberta
set up

mine has the stock set up with 80gr weights and the stock 36degree secondary helix and spring, works good in the hills, try it before you mess with it.

J
Nov 26, 2007
lewiston ID
my buddy just bought an 08 m1000
took it out twice and it would rev past 6000 and flashed ecu code.
after one dealership did pratically nothing the other dealer found the exhaust valves to not be hooked up and a sensor was left disconnected from the factory. rode it the next weekend and loved it.
your sled may have a similar problem since we ride the same elevation here in north idaho.
in my opnion i wouldn't mess the clutch until add some mods

Premium Features